• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket UN-appreciation thread

I actually bought a very nice looking 11 LB full packer choice CAB for 2.89/LB at the local Mom and Pop last Saturday. The point will wind up being a corned beef and the flat a pastrami though.:heh:

I actually bought a very nice looking 11 LB full packer choice CAB for 2.89/LB at the local Mom and Pop last Saturday. The point will wind up being a corned beef and the flat a pastrami though.:heh:

You are a man ooozing with common sense :thumb:

My turn ....I LOVe Briskit .....It Is the best excuse to Bbq And Drink Beer I can think of ... My wife Only Likes it If its Cooked .." Good " I am at about 70% Time !!!
Now to the Serious part ....And This is a Real question ... My Understanding is the Briskit is the worst cut of beef ...My perception of smoked briskit is that A Good Pitmaster Can take the worst piece of Cow and Turn it into A truley Viable Piece of good Cooked meat and that has always been the challenge and the reward ....Am I somewhere Close ??? :idea:

I gotta tell you, I think a brisket flat is one of the most overrated meats in the BBQ world. Even when done properly, I am only looking to have a slice or two. IMO it rates just above chicken breast, and just below just about everything else.

Have you tried beef brisket? It does not dry out as much as chicken brisket.....

So, really, if you think about it, their problem is more with Chicken than anything.

You...you hate...

attachment.php

Cats? Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The smoker is half loaded and there is also charcoal in the UDS, might be time to throw some brisket flats on the old UDS.

Never cooked a Brisket but love tri-tip.
Before I moved to New Zealand in 2008 I use to cook tri-tips all the time; rain, hail, snow sun who cares :)
Havent had a tri-tip since moving here since no butcher knows how to cut one.

53yLP.jpg

Snow storm in Reno Nevada 2008; had to have me some Tri-tip.

I love Brisket! Seasoned properly and slow cooked over mesquite, oak, and cherry.

I can taste my last Brisket, smoked sausage, cheddar, onion, jalapeño sandwich right now. Yum!

Back