I...um...almost forgot...again...I scored another WSM!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm kidding of course...sorta. I didn't forget this time. I did score another WSM though. :thumb: I just picked it up a couple hours ago. :grin:

It was on CL for $50, but I was 2nd on the list. Guy #1 cancelled and the lady told me there were 12 people in line and one guy offered her $70. I told here "I'll give you $70, what's your address?"

It could really use a new door, at the very least a new knob. It did come with a cover. The fire ring and water pan are in good shape.

I'm thinking about new grates also. Would you guys cook on these?

:peace:

The grates will be just fine. Clean them up a little and heat with a coating of oil. Get yourself a Cajun Bandit replacement door. Bt the way that $70 well spent.

wow...surprised no one caught it.

There IS something wrong with ONE of those grates.... The one on the right is a charcoal grate for a kettle, not a cooking grate. Is there a difference? Hell if I know. Maybe thicker gauge but I never heard of a yay or nay about cooking on one..

wow...surprised no one caught it.

There IS something wrong with ONE of those grates.... The one on the right is a charcoal grate for a kettle, not a cooking grate. Is there a difference? Hell if I know. Maybe thicker gauge but I never heard of a yay or nay about cooking on one..

Nice Score! ..... Yeah, it's a charcoal grate..... Looks like you are missing a cooking grate (should be 2) from the pics.... I like to get em hot, brush em & cook some fatty pork on em.... seasons em right up & good to go.

Nice Score! ..... Yeah, it's a charcoal grate..... Looks like you are missing a cooking grate (should be 2) from the pics.... I like to get em hot, brush em & cook some fatty pork on em.... seasons em right up & good to go.

No it's not. The bottom cooking grate on a 18.5 WSM is made the same as a charcoal grate from a 22.5 kettle but it is nickel plated.

I kinda thought that the one looked like an 18" charcoal grate, but it does look like it's more silver than a typical charcoal grate. I think I remembered seeing a thread about putting the grates in a trash bag with oven cleaner. I'll have to look for that, or maybe I'll just try heating them up and cleaning them first.

I'm more than likely going to give this one to my dad. He told me the other day he wanted to get a smoker, so this should work well for him.

Back