KFC Double Down + Bacon Explosion = AMAZING!!! (Heavy PRON)

BurntFinger_Jason

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I finally got to sample the KFC Double Down sandwich, but it seemed to be lacking in the bacon department. Lucky for me, I'm always prepared to handle those types of situations. Here's how it played out:

DoubleDown.jpg

DoubleDown2.jpg

DoubleDown3.jpg

DoubleDown4.jpg

DoubleDown5.jpg

DoubleDown6.jpg

This ending up tasting phenomenal! The smokey bacon and barbecue flavors paired remarkably well with the fried chicken. It was a fantastic weekend meal! :thumb:

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you made a clone at home.
Dayum, it does look good. Did you feel any heart palpitation, after you ate that?

I wanted to try out the original before making a homemade version. To be fair, I also took bites without a fatty slice in it. It wasn't anywhere near as good.

i tried the grilled it's pretty good

Way to pull back a deserving sandwich with anemic bacon from the brink of mediocrity.

LMAO! I had a double stack today, to try it out. As I'm eating it I kept thinking, "How can I make this better at home?" Good to know it's not just me.

Haven't tried it yet. Great lookin' mod. Thanks for the proof that a mouth can actually get around the beast.

I never thought of bringing my own fattie slices to McDonalds or KFC. That is absolutely brilliant! Do you bring them in a thermos to keep them warm? I'm going to add them to everything I order from now on.

I never thought of bringing my own fattie slices to McDonalds or KFC. That is absolutely brilliant! Do you bring them in a thermos to keep them warm? I'm going to add them to everything I order from now on.

Since you brought it up.....I actually have a fatty carrying case that we've dubbed "The Pig-Porter". :-D Wrap a freshly cooked fatty in aluminum foil, slide it in the Pig-Porter, and then you can take a hot fatty anywhere! :thumb:

pig-porter3.jpg

Since you brought it up.....I actually have a fatty carrying case that we've dubbed "The Pig-Porter". :-D Wrap a freshly cooked fatty in aluminum foil, slide it in the Pig-Porter, and then you can take a hot fatty anywhere! :thumb:

pig-porter3.jpg

That is absolutely amazing! Does it come in different sizes? I would love one in the winter cause I hate it when my fattie gets cold. Also, are these available for MOINK balls also, cause I usually make these and fatties together. It would be nice if there is a pouch attached to this to hold a couple of balls and a fattie at the same time. It's hard to fully appreciate a good fattie when the balls are cold. :-D

Where did U get that :confused: it keeps it warm :confused:

It's made of an insulated neoprene material, so it will hold temps in the same manner a can coozie does. It's not going to have the same effect as a cambro or cooler, but it's a fun way to tote around a fatty.

That is absolutely amazing! Does it come in different sizes? I would love one in the winter cause I hate it when my fattie gets cold. Also, are these available for MOINK balls also, cause I usually make these and fatties together. It would be nice if there is a pouch attached to this to hold a couple of balls and a fattie at the same time. It's hard to fully appreciate a good fattie when the balls are cold. :-D

One size fits all my friend. But you could always have two, and stuff the second one full of balls!

Back