Weber performer ?

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was going to pick up a weber performer new in the box tomorrow but the person said it was pretty big and may not fit in a Honda Accord coupe.

I didn't think the box would be that big. Anyone buy a performer and put in a smaller car?

Thanks

Any way the other person can measure and give you some dimensions ?
Im kinda thinking how you are since the kettle is the bulk part ..I ASSume the balance of the components would lay flat in the box as it needs assembly.?

Thanks. I emailed them and asked if they could bring it and if it don't fit we can make plans for an evening or weekend and I can borrow a bigger suv or truck. I think I can make it fit one way or another.

I'll check webers site and see if they have the shipping dimension's.

I picked up a OTG 22.5 off CL. It fit easily in the back seat of my Hyundai Sonata. So did my 55 gallon drum. Don't know if that helps or not....

I was going to pick up a weber performer new in the box tomorrow but the person said it was pretty big and may not fit in a Honda Accord coupe.

I didn't think the box would be that big. Anyone buy a performer and put in a smaller car?

Thanks

I just bought one yesterday. Still have the box. I will measure dimensions
It fit fine in my Subaru outback.

If laying flat the box is roughly
39 inches long
27 inches wide
20 inches tall

I got the performer gold(without gas assist) not the platinum but I would guess the boxes are the same size

I had some concerns it might not fit just eyeballing the box before I bought it. THe outback has a ton of room but its not very tall in the tailgate..my much smaller jeep can some times fit things the outback cant. If it didnt fit I was just going to take things out of the box, lay it in the trunk and flaten the box.

It didnt come to that and it fit as is, but thats always a option if you cant fit it

If you take it out of the box, it will fit quiet easily. Just go get it! I've got one. Lots of kinda small pieces except for the kettle and lid.

I bought a used one and picked it up with a Honda Civic. Had the thing disassembled in minutes. Most of it fit in the trunk.

don't let performer get away!!! you could easily take it apart to get it in the honda. you'll be glad you did!!

I bought a Stainless Steel older performer and fit it in my Hyndai Elantra Touring with the back seat folded down.

Thanks all. I just told the guy to meet and figured I would get in in on way or another. It was to big for the car. Took it out the box and loaded it up. He took the empty box and I was on my way. Not one of those great deals but he still saved a $100, it was for my brother inlaw, he paid $250 for it, box was still sealed. He was going to buy a new one so he didn't mind paying the $250.

He didn't use charcoal but a couple years ago I bought a used silver kettle for him to try and he has been hooked since.

I got both my Performers of CL and into a Honda Accord 4-door...... Had to take them both apart, but got them home & putting them back together only took about 10 minutes.... Didn't even have the 3/4 Ton Accord model.... :grin:

Whatever it takes, the Performers are Great cookers! Just gotta find a nice GREEN one locally now.

funny story. i went to home depot bought a performer tried every which way to get that thing in my car even yanked a few pannels off for extra clearance ended up having to return it and ordered it off there web site and got free shippping

funny story. i went to home depot bought a performer tried every which way to get that thing in my car even yanked a few pannels off for extra clearance ended up having to return it and ordered it off there web site and got free shippping

Lowes would have delivered it for free.

Back