pork puller

The Grill Sergeant

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Some time ago I noticed a stainless steel drill mounted pork puller. Can anyone tell me where I can get one?

I have a great pork puller attached to the end of my forearms they have pulled plenty of pork over my 50 + yrs.
* caution over use may lead to Carpel tunnel miss use can lead to Blindness:wink:

All joking aside, if you use one of these, be prepared to have the pork decimated into some hair like structure that may resemble meat.
Get some good bbq gloves and pull it by hand.

All joking aside, if you use one of these, be prepared to have the pork decimated into some hair like structure that may resemble meat.
Get some good bbq gloves and pull it by hand.

^^^This.... Unless you're feeding the elderly and want it puréed like baby food.

Pulled is nice !

2442F9E3-B712-4320-89B6-08DFCB056AB1-12486-000005D9A0CB254E_zpsecb95dc9.jpg

null_zps79405880.jpg

I guaranty you invite a couple friends over and offer them beer and meat, it will be done twice as fast as that meat bit...

I agree with the others, but these work pretty good, too, if your in a hurry.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Handlers-Forks-More---Polar-Edition/dp/B003WKV0NQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368272004&sr=8-2&keywords=bear+paws+meat+handles"]Amazon.com: Bear Paws Meat Handlers Forks and More-- Polar Bear Edition: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

-1 (yes, minus) on the bear claw. It's largely a slower version of the drill tool. Mind you, the drill tool leaves pork frape and frankly IMHO ruins all the hard work that you did to make great pork. The bear claw largely leave shredded pork; same thing.

I guess folks miss the point of doing it by hand, and it's all about the results. The results are NO FATTY chunks and tendons, etc. in your final product. A bear claw cannot do this, and most if not all the other "tools" just mix it in. To me, one of the nastiest things in the world is to get a pork sammie that's 50% fat.

How about a few wide fingered aluminum garden cultivators...

P_36778827_2055299.JPG

Saves me alot of frustrated painful moments with scorched fingers.
Buy a new pair off the shelf... and sterilize/bleach them before every use... good to go.
[Actually seeing Arnold in The Terminator gave me the idea...the metalic fingers.]

How about a few wide fingered aluminum garden cultivators...

P_36778827_2055299.JPG

Saves me alot of frustrated painful moments with scorched fingers.
Buy a new pair off the shelf... and sterilize/bleach them before every use... good to go.
[Actually seeing Arnold in The Terminator gave me the idea...the metalic fingers.]

I like that idea Bandit.

The thing that I dont like about the pork pullers is that all the fat from the butt is ground up with the meat. NOT GOOD IMO.

Back