Announcing a Pretty Good BBQ 2010

I got it, Mike.. Thanks!

Redwingsfn1, sorry you can't make it... It should be a lot of fun!

I might actually show up, And the folks actually want to come to this one.

Derek, that would be great... are you going to cook, or just come to the event?

SpyderMike, you will DEFINITELY be missed. (even if you wear the maize & gold)

That would be Maize and Blue!! :p

I am going to miss it as well. It is always good to see the gang again and to meet new friends, and do something good for those less fortunate at the same time.

As I have said, if you are close (and by close I mean within 600 miles) you should come and help out. It is really quite the event.

Derek, that would be great... are you going to cook, or just come to the event?
For the first time around I'm going to eat not cook, I like to see the events are ran. But if you give me an apron and a chef's I may help out a bit....

Originally Posted by hogsbreath

Sorry Spidermike, maybe that was a subconscious jab from a Badger fan! It wasn't intentional!

Originally Posted by hogsbreath

Sorry Spidermike, maybe that was a subconscious jab from a Badger fan! It wasn't intentional!

It is all in good fun, we have to razz the other Big 10 Schools dont we ?? :razz:

My latest update:

We have 550 lbs of pork butts ready in a freezer; we'll take them out earlier in the week, put them in a walk in fridge, so they'll be ready on Saturday.

We will supplement that with about 200 lbs of brisket.

So... There will be a competition for the best of each, KCBS rules, on Sunday, along competitions in MOINK balls and ABTs on Saturday evening

Also, we have volunteers for around the clock help from the men's ministry.

Tshirts are being finalized, and it looks like they'll be $10-13, but that should be settled in the next day or so. Here's this year's tshirt design:

4460395252_b84276f1a2_o.jpg

If you've contacted me regarding donations, we are still accepting them, as there are still several costs to cover. If you have a logo that we can put on a banner for your organization to thank you for your donation, please get that to me, too, at curt (at) livefireonline.com.

That's all for now!

My latest update:

We have 550 lbs of pork butts ready in a freezer; we'll take them out earlier in the week, put them in a walk in fridge, so they'll be ready on Saturday.

We will supplement that with about 200 lbs of brisket.

So... There will be a competition for the best of each, KCBS rules, on Sunday, along competitions in MOINK balls and ABTs on Saturday evening

Also, we have volunteers for around the clock help from the men's ministry.

Tshirts are being finalized, and it looks like they'll be $10-13, but that should be settled in the next day or so. Here's this year's tshirt design:

4460395252_b84276f1a2_o.jpg

If you've contacted me regarding donations, we are still accepting them, as there are still several costs to cover. If you have a logo that we can put on a banner for your organization to thank you for your donation, please get that to me, too, at curt (at) livefireonline.com.

That's all for now!
I can't wait to help out and I can't wait to taste other people's BBQ!

Love the design for the T-shirts Curt, but I think you should have used a WSM as the pictured cooker. After all, my WSMs are going to win everything. :bow:

Really looking forward to this again.

Hello cmcadams, I'm only going to probably be there the day of the eating & and I want to know if you can reserve a spot for a prep chef to one of the members. I really like to help cook on the day of.

Please let me know if I can!

Derek,

Please come on down, there will be lots of work to do to get the pork and brisket ready. Not a lot of cooking left on Sunday, but lots of work still! We'll be serving noon to 1.

Email me, don't post it here, at curt (at) livefireonline dot com (hopefully you know how to make an email address out of that). I'll let you all know my paypal account once I have the tshirt order priced, etc. So I need this info by April 15, I think. If that speeds up, I'll let you all know.

Email sent!

I was thinking it should be a lang on there a reall stickburner.....real BBQ

Love the design for the T-shirts Curt, but I think you should have used a WSM as the pictured cooker. After all, my WSMs are going to win everything. :bow:

Really looking forward to this again.

I'm going to officially say that any meat cooked at the Pretty Good BBQ is going to be "real BBQ", regardless of the cooker it's done on.

One more update... Due to a wedding on Sunday, the staff dinner won't be happening this year. Instead, I have a surprise or two for everyone.

And I've got at least 4-5 guys for round-the-clock pit help!

Again, if you'd like to do a demo/presentation of something cooking related, let me know... There may well be a good audience for it!

I would love to do it. Let me see if I can get that Friday off? Anyone going through chattanooga that I could ride with? Do we all need to bring cookers or could I just help?

bobaftt, it's actually a Saturday/Sunday, not a Friday/Saturday, if that helps.

And Arby's is closer than pizza, though that's also a possibility.

Derek,
to soak everything in, you really need to get there Saturday afternoon and plan on staying up all night with everyone. You will get a wealth of information and experience from a whole bunch of good cooks w/ a variety of cooking equipment. It may help you decide what kind of cooker you actually want to buy.
Sorry I can't make it this year.

Scott

Back