BBQ Beer

Bucknbacon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I found a great beer to go with just about any BBQ. I know I scored when my wife said it tasted like bacon in a bottle!

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 325
Love the Alaskan beers and ales. I have a sixer of the IPA in my garage fridge right now, waiting for next weekend to break into that. Cheers!!

Love me a smoked porter..my favorite is called Smoking Wood by The Bruery
smokingwood_03.png

that is a great beer and gets amazing with time on it. the best i ever had was a 2004 in 2009. a memorable beer.

^^^^This. I had a seven-year old Alaskan Smoked Porter that was phenomenal.
If you've got access to a good import store, try German Schlenkerla.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlenkerla[/ame]

^^^^^^^^ Yes!^^^^^^^^

Rauchbier is phenomenal stuff, although one of the best smoked beers I had was from St Peters Brewery in Suffolk, they used peat smoked whisky malt = beer that tasted like Laphroaig!

This is from the same people that produce Alaskan Amber Ale? OMG! I have gots to get me some of that!

I am quite the beer connoisseur and tried a Rauchbier once. It was one of 3 beers I've ever dumped out in my life. I felt like I was drinking liquid smoke. :cry:

I am quite the beer connoisseur and tried a Rauchbier once. It was one of 3 beers I've ever dumped out in my life. I felt like I was drinking liquid smoke. :cry:

not all rauchbier is created equal. outside of a couple, i could pan the whole style as well.

Some of the best beer I've ever tasted was smoked beer. I'm a big fan of porters, stouts and all beers thick and dark in general.

Not had this one YET, but sure sounds good.

Back