Necessity is...

pinghacker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
the mother of butchering together a half-assed solution, but pronto.

Attachments

• IMG00014-20100906-1429.jpg
    IMG00014-20100906-1429.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 141
Looks like the Bottom of a doner drum that he wants to use as a lid. No bung holes,no drilled holes for vents. So it looks like he is useing the gap's between the 2x10 as vents.:doh: I think it will be just a temporary fix????

The drum is an open head with the normal 8 1/2 inch holes in the lid for vent. What you see there is my kid's sled screwed to some 2x10's to keep out the rain. The bricks are there because it is a bit windy now, with a chance for storms.

As a side note, there are 3 racks of BB's in the pit.

Just be sure to take the screws out of the sled before it goes back to the kids......:cool:

Get an EZ-UP. (Am I repeating myself here?)

wish I could come up with a good solution. My ez up would be ez gone with the wind here in Wyoming

What kind of wind will those EZ-UP's handle? That would seem to be the problem with that set up.

I had to come up with a rain solution on my maiden voyage. I have a flat drum lid with the one big hole for my vent. I just took my charcoal chimney, put it upside down over the vent hole, and put one of those big patio pavers over it to keep it from blowing off. Worked like a charm.

Like so:

DSCN2227.jpg

Back