A trip to the butcher (or "why my back hurts")

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
One of my favorite times of year. My in-laws have been beef farmers for over 50 years and every fall they give us a whole steer, we just pay the butcher fees. 500# in the freezers (about 1/4 didn't fit in the stand up) of pasture-raised, grassfed, heritage bloodline Hereford. No hormones or bulking feeds, just pure beefy goodness! Had patties made for the first time this year; why the FARK haven't I done that before?!?!? Just thought I'd share the joy with the bruddahs and sistahs; we're a pretty financially tight family, but are blessed into riches in the beef department every fall, it's nice to have such generous family!
702a66ae-3468-4f41-8683-c48148f7ffdd_zps408f0b4d.jpg

542df329-b393-41e2-ada6-60a8062db9bf_zps8d309cd8.jpg

It sure is nice to have a freezer full ain't it.

Hereford is what we raise as well. It's the finest tasting meat there is.
Yeah you got to have them do the patties, it just makes life so dang easy :laugh:

Great haul!
Was it frozen when you loaded it?
I would invest in a chest freezer to hold some of that so you dont burn it up!

I'll be right over!
Bring some lamb.... and BEER!!

Sweet meat.....wow
TWSS!

Great haul!
Was it frozen when you loaded it?
I would invest in a chest freezer to hold some of that so you dont burn it up!
Yup, the butcher flash froze everything at -10 for 24 hours. Are upright freezers with the coils in the shelves bad for this kind of storage? It's in a dry cool basement and we usually only open it every week or two to restock the upstairs freezer.....

Freezer needs air movement to run properly. I'd hurry up and eat some and that will ease your problem! ;)

I always thought that was the ones with circulation fans like the freezer/ fridge combo in my kitchen. My meat freezer doesn't have a fan, just the coils in the shelves, but I guess the lack of airspace could keep the average temperature from circulating and making its way to the thermostat anyway. I'd better just eat a farkload of beef asap just to be on the safe side!

Back