Need store bought and cheap BBQ sauce

Wh1skey6

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I made pulled chicken for a work thing. I NEVER sauce my chicken as I think the smoke and rub do enough flavoring. However, bbq neophytes love to add sauce to an already delicious meal.

I need a cheap store bought BBQ sauce that is good. Or a combination of two. Or something that I can do while I'm here at work (no stove, just a microwave). I'm partial to Sweet Baby Ray's myself.

(Why cheap? I have a ton invested into this pot luck already and really don't feel like spending more money on sauce to feed the masses)

Actually, Kraft Original is not bad for a tight budget, and is generally on sale and cheap as you can get.

Sweet Baby Rays, usually on sale for under 2$ a bottle. Decent sauce that is easily doctored to your personal tastes. Stubb's is good too, although costs a lil' more.

SBR was freakin $2.99 at my local store for a tiny bottle.

I went with Kraft Hickory and Honey plus a bottle of house brand. Mixed the two with some rendering.

I don't mind sweet bbq if its appropriate. People in the NW assume bbq = candy sweet.

Garland Jacks secret six.. blows sbr away
Plus it has no HFCS

nutrition-original.png

I like HFCS.
Then don't buy Garland Jack's...none of the varieties have it.

I don't mind it myself, but we have tried to keep a non-HFCS variety in the house for our kiddo. He will get plenty of it once he starts making his own food choices.

Define irony. I had mixed a little of both sauces in with drippings and just tossed it all while it was warming in the slow cooker.

Had both bottles of sauce next to it, just in case people wanted more. Not a person grabbed extra sauce.

Back