How to manage blood pressure on game day

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm a hokie and chances are high that shortly after kickoff at 5:30 my blood pressure will be thru the roof. Answer: got my arse out of bed early and fired the jambo up. 16 lb brisket should be off before kickoff and resting. So when bama is hammering us I will simply unwrap the briskie, slice her up, and forget about the game. Ps, the pork butt was on sale, so it will serve as a backup plan in case the game is really bad. Updates to follow.....
View attachment 84489

Last edited:
Alabama is not the same team as last year...their better:mrgreen:. Can't say enough about the Q though, looks great.

don't watch would be the best but what you are doing is a good second choice !

VAs think a like. Threw my brisket on about 7am this morning in the WSM. Looking forward to the game and not looking forward to it at the same time.

The BBQ looks good.

I Love my Tide!!

I wonder what BBQ Elephant would tast like? :razz:

WOOOOO PIG SOOOIE!

lol... We winning our opener. Gotta get our jabs in early.

Sry ShencoSmoke, not tryn to hyjack. Sweet rig and nice cook!

No worries, that's what is all about, FOOTBALL is here! Btw, brisket is being stubborn, oh well - it's done when its done.

Was hoping mine would be done too, cooking at 275 since this morning, all butter soft except in the middle of the flat. Almost ready.

^^^ Lookin' good right there. Very nice. Sorry about your opener; but I suppose the fat lady ain't sung yet, but I dont think Nick'll let much change this 2nd half.

Back