I think we've been doing it wrong...

I'm pretty sure you can and should be arrested for that.

Honestly, brisket is my favorite cut of meat to cook hands down and second favorite to eat behind beef ribs. And this just makes me a little sick unless it's a joke. Someone please tell me it's a joke.

Pitmaster??? He's a butcher.

For those who actually call themselves 'butchers', you are henceforth properly referred to as 'meat artists'.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Heck, we haven't even had the right nomenclature. I like de-fatted top plate brisket crown, how about you?

Years ago (before I knew better) I might have nodded and said "yep- that makes sense- got it"

All I can say now is "bless his heart".

When I click on these things with a description ahead of it I always have a nervous feeling that SOMETHING will be similar to what I do and it'll feel like everyone is making fun of me.

I'm happy to say that, once again, my nervousness was totally unfounded.:laugh::laugh:

Holy crap that was hard to watch... First off it bugged the living **** out of me when he kept calling the flat the bottom plate, and the point the top plate... If I was describe a brisket as "top/bottom" the flat would be the top....... And what about the ink on the news paper? holy crap!!

And I also just wonder what he does with all the fat he trims off the brisket.. UGH.. no I can't watch it again LOL

I don't know whats worse.. this video or the video of the blackened raw chicken on the masterbuilt that was linked a while back

LMAO..... That's the guys ONLY video!!

Last edited:
I think 2 felonies have been committed here. 1 for destroying a good brisket and 2 for posting this atrocity on youtube. This (so called) man should be arrested!

I liked the comment likening it to an ISIS video. Got me thinking that perhaps it is a propaganda video for PETA. Not the good PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals, the other one.

I've made one Brisket in my life. I know, I know:tsk:, but it was trimmed beforehand and actually jiggled like jello unlike that flat he picked up with one hand and it remained stiff as a board, and I didn't scrape the good parts off!
I will say, he has some balls making a video of that atrocity.:crazy:
Makes me have a whole new level of confidence in my limited cooking skills.:clap2:

I like when he gave the patron the Burnt End. hahahahahaha

Dude someone should just make a "BBQ fails" thread.. I didn't exactly get the video ninja linked until the Burnt end part LOL maybe that's what I was waiting for.. but I hope those trimmings didn't go in the trash!

The video was terrible (I think I've seen it before) but the comments made up for it.

My wife would like that brisket trim as she hates globs of fat on her brisket and doesn't like bark.

Back