Holiday Rib Cook P0rn Heavy.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Went to BIL's house for holiday today. I cooked the ribs yesterday.

Started out with 3 racks of spares:

2w53ond.jpg

Trimmed them St. Louis style and used Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple Rub:

2rhvb12.jpg

Been wanting to experiment with wood mixtures so I set up with some Pecan, Hickory & Peach:

iy08e9.jpg

2j0gtwp.jpg

I have an 18.5 WSM so with the racks, the bones fit nicely. One on the bottom and two on top. Had room for another rack of ribs:

16ku92.jpg

3130yl5.jpg

Left the ribs in the smoke for about 3 hours at 260-270*F then pulled and foiled with a little apple juice and liquid butter. Checked them again about 2 hours later with the intention finishing them on the the smoker but they were done and tender.They passed the bend and probe test so I pulled them out of the foil to cool:

2zhnqlt.jpg

LuzziAnn was busy making tater salad and other fixin's:

300w66q.jpg

Arrived at BIL's house and he and his wife had been busy too grilling burgers and boudin along with his famous baked beans:

21jyo7o.jpg

2vd1d1x.jpg

oau2pw.jpg

A few plated shots:

rj0e0z.jpg

2n89b44.jpg

Lightly sauced the ribs before heating and carving:

2924qv6.jpg

sm3rmf.jpg

The smoke wood combo added some great flavor but was not too strong.

A Great time was had by All! Thanks for Lookin'. :becky:

Ribs look great! After one or two of those I wouldn't know what to have next.

Maybe the boudin and beans, but I've heard LuzziAnn is an excellent cook, so I guess I'll try the tater salad, oh and another few ribs. Had a burger here so no need to double up.

howd the smoke combination do? I ve been wanting to try sugar maple and pecon for my comp stuff

It was a real good combo. Peach seems to make the meat a little darker. I also noticed it when I did a butt awhile back. Very good flavor though.

Ribs look great, Toast, and you cook them around the same temps I do. Looked like a wonderful feast with friends. Thanks for reporting on the wood smoke, I've just been using apple wood from my tree so have a fair bit to learn about and experiment with wood flavours. Peaches are grown in Ontario so I'll be on the lookout for farmers I can ask for trimmings.

Back