Vodka Anyone???

PrincessofQ

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hey we are doing a backyard cook-off this weekend... This challenge was raised.....something on the smoker that involves Vodka! Need help from the Brethren! Any ideas????

I made a sauce for grilled pork before using Apple Pie Moonshine. Wonder if you could make some kind of vodka sauce for smoked meat?
Just one more idea.
Good luck with your cookoff!

Use the vodka to start the charcoal or clean the grates...use a spirit that doesn't taste like rubbing alcohol for cooking :wink:

You have, apparently, not had really good vodka, straight up, ice cold.

Note to self: bring good vodka to Bash.

CD

Actually, grilled shrimp in Vodka sauce would be a winner. Truth though, use a quality Vodka, nothing worse than rubbing alcohol in your food. Vodka is also a great flavor carrier, I use a little white alcohol in many sauces, often for a mole, I will sneak some in to smooth out the flavors.

From Serious Eats, this is an excellent sauce. LINKY

absolut Peppar
the pepper flavored vodka.
maybe use in a sauce for brisket or beef ribs.
or use to flavor a brisket injection.

good luck

This is bbq pit boys i really like it
Vodka bbq sauce :
1 cup Vodka
1 qt. (32oz.) Kechup
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbs. Ground Cumin
1/2 tbs Garlic Powder
1 tbs. Chili Powder
1 tbs. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup Sugar
1/8 cup Coarse Salt
Juice of a fresh Lemon

The BBQPitboys website has a vodka BBQ sauce in the sauces section.

Wow!!! grantw beat my post by a minute!! Great minds run in the same track.

Cowgirl got me to thinking.

Hmm smoked apple pie moonshine apple dumpling covered in a vodka caramel or vanilla sauce.

But as a beer guy mostly, followed by top shelf whiskey then scotch and vodka down the list. Isn't vodka by definition colorless and tasteless with the defining factor being smoothness??

Cowgirl got me to thinking.

Hmm smoked apple pie moonshine apple dumpling covered in a vodka caramel or vanilla sauce.

But as a beer guy mostly, followed by top shelf whiskey then scotch and vodka down the list. Isn't vodka by definition colorless and tasteless with the defining factor being smoothness??

I make homemade Vanilla Extract for Christmas gifts. Vanilla pods and Vodka. It is wonderful, and my friends and family who bake love it.

CD

I usually have no use for vodka (I'm a Henny guy) but this caught my eye....

Attachments

• bakon-vodka_jpg_cf.jpg
    bakon-vodka_jpg_cf.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 75
I have not done the vodka cook but I think it might be interesting to boil/poach/steam food in a mostly alcohol base. Steaming shrimp in a alcohol based fluid them quickly grilling might be awesome. Gotta try.

I usually have no use for vodka (I'm a Henny guy) but this caught my eye....

That looks good. Reminds me... I brought some Maple Bacon Vodka home this week from Texas. Haven't tried it yet.

Back