BBQ Pitmasters at Westmont, IL Red, White, and BBQ festival this year!

Hou were right by me Dave. You probably made nice refreshing Jack's for me. Rich should learn...:razz:

From what I remember, a sacrifice of a bottle of Gentlemen Jack, a bag of ice, red solo cups and a few 2 liter bottles of coke to make the BBQ Gods happy. I can't wait to do it again! Man that that sounds good right now!!!!!!:-D

My mantra for spring;
Stay calm and wait for it...

Site size & arrival

When I told Addington we would come Friday for all the festivities, he metioned we could come in Thursday night but would have no electric. If that's the case that Friday will work I'll be there before 10:00am Friday.

Addington says a lot of things to make folks happy. That is what gets him in trouble by trying to do too much. Trust me, Friday morning sill be plenty of time. There are not that many teams there friday night. I was at my spot having happy hour, so I was there.

The ICP will be arriving on Saturday, mid afternoon. But, since we have 3 Cans and a cooler, we don't require much in the way of set-up help. Do you know if we can go really light and cook off of my truck tailgate and custom tailgate fitted cutting board? Then we don't even need a table.

Fine. I'll leave it in the truck, but I'm not wearing a Cubbies hat unless there is something requiring it. How about my Blues Jersey?

I loved our spot last year. We were under a couple big trees near the hand glider ride. It was 10 degrees cooler there thanks to the shade....wouldn't mind having that spot again

The ICP will be arriving on Saturday, mid afternoon. But, since we have 3 Cans and a cooler, we don't require much in the way of set-up help. Do you know if we can go really light and cook off of my truck tailgate and custom tailgate fitted cutting board? Then we don't even need a table.

Glad to hear you are coming, be nice to see ya again.

Last year it was 100+ degrees for two days straight you might want to bring an extra cooler to dunk your head in once in a while. :biggrin1:

There are 50 paid teams. They are not going to hold spots. No exceptions. If you are considering it, now is the time.

Scottie, do they email or send a confirmation for receipt of your money. I paid last week and didn't hear anything.

Scottie, do they email or send a confirmation for receipt of your money. I paid last week and didn't hear anything.

I'm not Scottie, but I did play him on TV :becky:

They haven't in the past, and I didn't receive on this year. I sent our app in last weekend and I noticed that my check was cashed on Thursday, so I have to assume that they got it.

They send out communication about the contest, but not a confirmation. At least that is how it has worked in the past.

Fine. I'll leave it in the truck, but I'm not wearing a Cubbies hat unless there is something requiring it. How about my Blues Jersey?

Dont lower yourself to that level. Wear the cards hat with pride!

Yes you can, Jeff. Except the village ordinance does not allow you to do that with a Cardinals hat on.

Its this kind of negative bias towards actual good sports teams that has me and Sweet Heat BBQ boycotting this comp :becky: (actually I do not think we have time to still register so I am making up excuses now of why we will not attend)

Confirmation

I see the Facebook page has a link to the list of teams attending. No need for a confirmation. Thanks, Tim

Back