• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st of 2 uds completed and 1st cook

NolanB

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Last weekend with the aid of all the excellent info on this site, I completed my 1st uds. I decided to give the neighbors a break and do all the noisy stuff at work. Burned off the paint using my new HF weed burner followed up with a wire wheel on an angle grinder. Drilled 3 air intake vents and ground down the rim until I had a good fit for the weber lid. Brought it home Sat. morning and gave the inside a cleaning with degreaser and a scotchbrite pad followed by a thorough washing with some dawn and a brush. Dried it out with the weed burner and applied a coat of pam. Painted the outside with a black hi temp paint, added the hardware and she was finished, for now. I planned to add a side table later. Put some charcoal in the basket, opened all the vents and let her burn. Did my 1st cook on Sunday, some jerk chicken, came out great.:bow:
drumafterburn.jpg

pammedinside.jpg

readytocook.jpg

003.jpg

008.jpg

Did it up Jamacian style with some rice and peas.....Yeah Mon!!

Fine looking UDS you got yourself there, and some great looking vittles!

well the food and the drum both look great. I hope you enjoy it as much as rest of us enjoy ours.

That looks great! UDS is on my list of things to do, just haven't gotten to it yet. Yours looks good, and that chicken tells the whole story....now I'm hungry!

Back