$100 BGE-small

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I just picked this up. The guy said it was too small for the family. The table was included. It does look like it will need some repairs. Any help would be appreciated.

What other accessories do I need?

Attachments

• IMG_0511 (2).JPG
    IMG_0511 (2).JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0512 (2).JPG
    IMG_0512 (2).JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Not having my own BGE, I'm no eggspert but it looks like a great find to me. I'm sure the eggheads will let us know.

No expert here on anything in life.
Im a newbie egghead myself and have been spending some time on research on eggs and gasket problems.
Looks like you may need to replace the gasket, hard to tell with the pictures that im seeing.
The more seasoned eggheads will be here shortly to offer their adivce.
Looks like one heck of a deal on the set up you bought.

Last edited:
You are seeing things right. There is a chunk from the bottom rim stuck to the top gasket.

nice find!

i'd just scrape off what left of the gasket and fill it with lump and let er rip and sear you some steaks at 700! :biggrin:

You might want to put some lump in there and get it going really hot and burn off all the junk inside. You can use a weed burner to clean up that daisy wheel. It looks pretty gunked up. At some point you may want to add a new gasket.

The plate setter is nice for this, same with the half moon grid.

Nice find.

That's a steal !!

A little clean up and new gasket and you'll be golden.. Pick up some eggcessories as needed/desired.

Does it have the stainless air intake?

Besides some homemade mods, looks like you have everything.

Oh, do you have a 5 qt Lodge dutch oven? If not, check Amazon. That pot fits perfectly if a small Egg and is perfect for making Keri' Hog Apple Beans. I set my pot on a terracotta tray filled with sand to act as a heat buffer. Works great.

You might want to put some lump in there and get it going really hot and burn off all the junk inside. You can use a weed burner to clean up that daisy wheel. It looks pretty gunked up. At some point you may want to add a new gasket.

The plate setter is nice for this, same with the half moon grid.

Nice find.

That's my advice also. A small is on my list of wants. $100 is a great deal. Go by a paver stone to put under the bottom and get some BGE feet to lift the egg off of it. Go for the Nomex gasket for replacement. Make sure the bolts on the bands are tight enough that they bend a bit. Do a search on grate mates. They seem to be a cool 3rd party eggcessory.

Back