A Sad Day In Keller, TX

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Went out into the garage and smelled something fishy. I look over and the vertical freezer door wasn't closed all the way.:mad: All my left over que, venison sausage, couple of full packers and a few pounds of fish fillets. And any misc things that didn't fit in the house freezer.:cry: I closed the door and mopped up the water. Freezer isn't frost free. I'll clean it out tomorrow night for trash pickup. Then I'll defrost it and clean it out. I have a few small stashes in the house freezer, but I lost a good 10pounds of cooked que, 15lbs venison sausage and steaks, 24lbs of raw briskets and 15lb or so of fish.:cry:

Sorry about your loss bro. I would truly miss those sausages.

Hey Thillin, Sorry to hear about that. If there is a possibility that the hurricane might have caused that, then it might be covered on your insurance policy. Something to think about and maybe give your insurance guy a call about.

Sorry that happened to you.
Any idea how the door was left open?

My guess is the last one out there just didn't make sure it closed well. I'm gonna get back in the habit of locking it again. And I'll raise the front feet to get a little help from gravity.

Ouch Thillin, I feel for you....

Sorry for your loss. I've done the same thing myself.

At least you didn't find out you'd unplugged it --- after you got home from a three week vacation. Chicken in a chest freezer that was off for three weeks is a smell you will never, ever forget. Don't ask how I know this one....

Sorry you lost the food. Did you start making plans for the marathon cook to refill it?

Back