kansas winter q contest

matthew burt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this contest is still going to happen or not? I have tried to get in contact with them all week and have not heard back yet.

thanks
matt
phat jacks bbq

We're in. Kent often takes weeks to respond by email. Try calling him at 620-793-2985.

It appears that the 10x10 prep areas are going to be indoors while the cookers are left outdoors. I think that means no canopies and no heaters needed.

I would like to go, but it might be to late now. It sounds like alot of fun, but will be all by myself at this one.

matt
phat jacks bbq

Last I talked to them it is on... They have a large indoor area to prep, etc. also... if it were to get really nasty out.

And if you want to have a warm-up prior to the KCBS event. Polar Swine III is the weekend before, and has slots open... and a friday night poker night with a pot at $600 already!!

Last I talked to them it is on... They have a large indoor area to prep, etc. also... if it were to get really nasty out.

And if you want to have a warm-up prior to the KCBS event. Polar Swine III is the weekend before, and has slots open... and a friday night poker night with a pot at $600 already!!

where is it held? what is the entry fee?
matt
phat jacks bbq

yeah thanks Neal, I just got a hold of him and there was an opening left. So I will be their as well. Do you know if they are giving out ribbons through 10th or just 5th?

thanks
Matt
Phat Jacks BBQ

disregard that question I just talked to Kent and he said they are paying down through 10th place and ribbons throught 5th.

matt
phat jacks

So am I the only one planning on being indoors for prep? Should I bring the canopy and heater? I assumed everyone would set up indoors.

Also, can anyone confirm that the electricity is available outside with the cookers vs. inside at the prep area?

Well be outside inside our trailer. I now when we talked to him the electric was outside. Didn't ask about inside since I wasn't going to be thier. See you that the site.

He told me yesterday that electricity was available both outside and inside, and that we would prep inside and cookers set outside the building. He also said that they were supplying the beer for friday night.

hope to see everyone their

Back