Roll Call: Marshalltown, IA; June 22-23

smknwhlswife

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Smoke on Wheels will be. We will be getting in sometime on Thursday and staying until Sunday.

I can't wait to get there! They have a great band playing on Friday evening, Blooze Brothers out of Chicago.

I would like to but we have a company fishing derby, and i got to do BBQ. it's aill good. Miss this one every year. Have a good time.

Sorry, I didn't see this one before I posted mine.
BBQ Council will be there.

Hey Randy, are you doing any comps in Tennessee? I miss the pre-turn in rituals!

Attachments

• P3300031 (Small).JPG
    P3300031 (Small).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 72
Merl and Carol will be there to grant your every wish. I know Lew has done a great job. And yes the band has great back up singers... well their back side is great, and the fronts are not bad either......(slap slap Carol is reading this as I type)
On another note, Can't wait to see everyone. Have a safe trip and on to Marshalltown.

Merl and Carol

Hey Randy, are you doing any comps in Tennessee? I miss the pre-turn in rituals!

I think they say - a picture is worth a thousand words, huh :)

See you Friday Randy - stop by for a drink after you get unhitched!

You are on. And anyone else who wants to stop by come on by. Just look for the flag pole with a flag and a carp flying on it. We are usually north of the circle where most of the teams are. We will be on the road past the bathrooms. Come on down.

Marshalltown Results Posted

Chicken
10. Just Havin Fun
9. Quau
8. Buster dog BBq
7. Boys of BBQ & Patty
6. Outlaws
5. Cookies cooker
4. Gators Git -R-dun
3. Front St. Smoke house
2.4 Mile Smokin' Crew
1. Smokin' Clones

Ribs
10. Shotgun BBq
9. Pig Newton
8. Smokin' Big Dogs
7. Smokin Guns
6. Dr. Porkenstien
5. Paririe Oaks Smokers
4. Andy's BBQ
3. Smokin' Triggers
2. Wizards of Que
1. Meadow Valley BBQ

Pork
10. Wizards of Que
9. BBQ Council
8. 4 Legs Up
7. Ulcer Acres
6. Smoke on Wheels
5. Gordon's Cocko pit BBQ
4.Pig Newton
3. 2 Fat Bikers
2. Smokin Guns
1. Weekend Smokers

Brisket
10.Outlaw BBQ
9. Prairie Oak BBQ
8. Just Havin Fun
7. Smokin Buddies
6. Smoke On Wheels
5. Ulcer Acres
4. Quau
3. Jeanie's Got Wood
2. Boys of BBQ and Patty
1. Meadow valley BBQ

Overall
10. Smokin Big Dogs
9. Smokin Buddies
8. Ulcer Acres
7. Smokin Clones
6. Quau
5. Boys of BBQ and PAtty
4. Wizards of Que
3. Weekend Smokers
2. Smokin Guns BBQ
1. Meadow Valley BBQ

Other Brethren Overall finishes.
12. Smoke on wheels
19. BBQ Council

Lots of great brethren walks again!!!!!

Last edited:
This was a fun weekend but I could have done without the 40-50 mile winds and pouring down rain that almost blew apart our camp on Friday night.

It was great to meet more of the brethren guys!

Congrats everyone! And Andy, congrats again on the Iron Skillet comp title!

This was a fun weekend but I could have done without the 40-50 mile winds and pouring down rain that almost blew apart our camp on Friday night.

It was great to meet more of the brethren guys!

Yea, it was great meeting you and Andy. Nice job on your calls and we will see you in Bellevue.

Great Job Brothers! Ray looks like you were able to pull your pork scores up. Care to share your secret?

Great Job Brothers! Ray looks like you were able to pull your pork scores up. Care to share your secret?

Thanks, I was really shotin' for first then I can say I went from worst to first in one week. But I was jumping over a 9th call emagin wait I would have done if I did take first.
Can't share it yet. I promised I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag.:wink:

Mayor, you cooking in Ankeny on the 13/14th?
Boondoggle will be there.
Then Waucoma the following month to conclude the Iowa portion of the schedule. Unfortunately no RAGBRAI. I think Independence's comp is a day or so after the riders pass through. That sounds like it could be a fun time if it does time out right.

Mayor, you cooking in Ankeny on the 13/14th?
Boondoggle will be there.
Then Waucoma the following month to conclude the Iowa portion of the schedule. Unfortunately no RAGBRAI. I think Independence's comp is a day or so after the riders pass through. That sounds like it could be a fun time if it does time out right.

I will be there. Just picked up a sponsor for that contest this morning.
Waucoma is one of my favorites but I haven't signed up yet. Hopefully I can get it worked into my schedule.
Independence is a really fun contest as well. Nice people up that way.
Stop by for a cold one, we might need a lot......no power...sheeez..:shock:
I'm still working on getting a generator lined up.

Well, my brother just informed me that Waucoma is most likely out. He sold his house and the buyers want to close that Friday. Kind of a bummer, that's where my parents are originally from. I could have walked to grandma's for a real air bed with air conditioning if I wanted to.

But, Independence is on the radar as a replacement.

Back