Bryan, TX VFW comp

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Heading out to Bryan, Texas this morning for a little cook, 25-30 teams, IBCA. Should be lots of fun. Bryan is a small town right next to College Station where TA&M Universiry is located. :wink: Chicken, Spares, Brisket, and Jackpot beans. Got our fingers crossed.

good luck Zilla, PS Give Craig a big man hug for me :biggrin:

ZILLA said:
Heading out to Bryan, Texas this morning for a little cook, 25-30 teams, IBCA. Should be lots of fun. Bryan is a small town right next to College Station where TA&M Universiry is located. :wink: Chicken, Spares, Brisket, and Jackpot beans. Got our fingers crossed.

Hope you remembered to stop in Snook on your way:cool:

Crap Shoot BBQ takes Reserve GC

Oh yea! We took reserve GC at the Bryan VFW comp today. 29 teams, 1st in brisket, 3rd in ribs, 3rd in chicken, and 9th in beans. Plus we bought into the Calcutta and picked up a few hundred more. :-D Added to this, my son is arriving tonight after 13 months in Iraq. A great day it has been!

ZILLA said:
Oh yea! We took reserve GC at the Bryan VFW comp today. 29 teams, 1st in brisket, 3rd in ribs, 3rd in chicken, and 9th in beans. Plus we bought into the Calcutta and picked up a few hundred more. :-D Added to this, my son is arriving tonight after 13 months in Iraq. A great day it has been!

Congrats Zilla, hope the rest of your weekend goes so well.

Zilla--ya make us proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did ya have fun and learn anything (before awards) :lol:

Keep it up.

TIM

Nice Zilla !! Tell your son I said I appreciate him, alot! Glad he's home!

Very Nice...! Will you be at West next weekend..? Big event..

DeezQ said:
Very Nice...! Will you be at West next weekend..? Big event..

Thanks guys! As far as West, no. I like that cookoff and we might do the one later in the year. I hear the payout is going to be very good there this year. GC and RGC will pay if I understand what I heard correctly. If you go try for a spot in the KOA campground. That's a nice area, much better than the parking lot. :wink:

Congrats Zilla and Crapshoot BBQ. Also my thanks to your son as well.

ZILLA said:

Congrats on a great showing. It looks like you have a lot to celebrate this week !!!

3rd in chicken??? I'll bet the other forum's buzzing about that! :wink:
Way to go Zilla. Glad to hear y'all did well.

Back