first time attempt (brisket)what do you guys think ?

letdasmokeroll

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
instead of wasting a lot of money on a first attempt ..i picked this up at a local store for less then $11 ...i know its just a flat but thats ok isnt it
IMG_20130720_104243_254_zpsf11a9599.jpg

Watch it doesn't dry out on you, flats can be tricky in that way. Personally I'd go 250-275* smoker temp, spritz during the smoke and wrap in butcher or parchment paper after a couple hours and cook till tender.

im gonna keep a close eye on it since its only 4 lbs ...i just thought on a first try if i waste 10 bucks thats not that bad

lol sorry about the plate i was so excited how this turned out ...didnt even look at the pic ..just posted

Looks great! Can you give some details like, how long you cooked it, at what temp, type of rub etc?
How did it taste?

salt and pepper rub...i did spritz with worcester ...struggled with temps for 3 hours (but it was only a flat) did what i could i did wrap and stoked the fire ...i must say this was 1 of the most amazing things i have ever cooked

done on a char griller side box ...salt and pepper was the only rub...worcestershire spritz ...worked my butt off keeping the temp up but it turned out great ...thanks for looking

green wood... cut as we speak seemed to work fine lol as a matter of fact that is the best smoke ring i have ever had on a piece of meat

Back