• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

$115 Weber kettle cart

muidaq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been on the lookout for a BBQ cart when I came across a thread on the Primo forum about a $100 stainless cart from Sam's club people were using to hold their Oval XLs. Well the price has increased to $115, but it's still a steal. A few jigsaw blades, a half dozen Dremel cutting wheels, and some L brackets later, viola.

The hole is 22.5" but there is lower structure that prevents the handles from sitting on the tabletop, which was the original plan, but that's ok by me. Now the only direct heat transfer from the kettle to the table is through the support brackets.

9235233840_8277648360.jpg

The mini WSM fitting on the bottom was just icing on the cake. It's a tight fit, but I can lower the bottom shelf another 1.5".

Maybe it's different around here, but I'm finding Performers on Craigslist for about $115. The cart is awesome though! Despite what I say about the Performers going for the rate they are, I still don't have one...I'm jealous of the counter space!

Maybe it's different around here, but I'm finding Performers on Craigslist for about $115. The cart is awesome though! Despite what I say about the Performers going for the rate they are, I still don't have one...I'm jealous of the counter space!

If I didn't already have the OTG and if they ever showed up on CL here I might have gone that route. This is going to work out really well for me with all the lower shelf space. I really like that I'll have a space for my OTS lid that has been sacrificed to the pizza making gods.

I think I might go have a look at one of those to use as a prep table and replace my plastic top folding table. The table top is the only part that is stainless steel. I wonder if I'd have issues with rust on the rest of it?

IIRC someone on the Primo site said no rust issues after three years. I'm debating if I want to put a cover on or not.

9237092294_ac7b95af25.jpg

Here's a sneak preview. I'm going to do a thread on it once I get it dialed in. The cut may be too big. Might end up putting that back together with a hinge for fire tending and going with a smaller opening.

20" pizza pan for the shelf. 18" for the lid heat deflector.

Back