• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reverse Seared Ribeye & Asparagus

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
2" thick ribeye, seasoned with Rub Co Santa Maria & Original rubs, indirect cook on a Small Egg at 250-275 with some red oak smoke until IT hit about 115, then seared a minute per side. Asparagus brushed with EVOO and each clip seasoned with one of the following: Rub Co Santa Maria, Big Butz Gettin' Roasted, or Todd's Dirt. I got them mixed up during the cook so I'm not sure which rub I liked best. :doh:

IMG_4976_zpsc313f701.jpg

IMG_4981_zps8f9f334d.jpg

IMG_4984_zps430530aa.jpg

IMG_4988_zps107ee3e2.jpg

IMG_4990_zps69c7fe3a.jpg

IMG_4996_zps566f3393.jpg

IMG_5002_zpsd8c43569.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Asparagus seems a very popular grilled Vegie in the states.
Like the clips :thumb: be great for grilling spring onion
nice looking meal you cooked up mate

Absolutely amazing. Missed the part on first read about a "small green egg" and assuming a normal sized grill I was thinking to myself that was the biggest damn ribeye I'd ever seen - it still looked like a healthy cut. Great job!

Absolutely amazing. Missed the part on first read about a "small green egg" and assuming a normal sized grill I was thinking to myself that was the biggest damn ribeye I'd ever seen - it still looked like a healthy cut. Great job!

It was actually labeled as a "ribeye roast" and I think it was about 2 lbs in weight but considering it only had one bone, I call it a nice thick steak!

I am pretty much sold on the reverse sear deal on any steak over 1 1/4". Easy to control sear and temp and seems to have a much better meaty beefy taste. Heck, my wife thinks I have now become a pitmaster instead a meat burner! Please don't tell her any different.

Thanks all for the kind words!

I am pretty much sold on the reverse sear deal on any steak over 1 1/4". Easy to control sear and temp and seems to have a much better meaty beefy taste. Heck, my wife thinks I have now become a pitmaster instead a meat burner! Please don't tell her any different.

I'm sold as well!

Nice job on the reverse sear. After looking at those pics i will have to give it a try.

Looks fantastic! I must try that soon.

I highly recommend that you guys do give it a try!

Back