WGA Score!

Bob13

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Home of the 11 time World Series Champion Cardinal
So I've been trolling CL for awhile, hoping to find a charcoal WGA... and I found one....$10... 3 1/2 hours away. Fortunately, I've got a nephew who goes to school 15 minutes from where this was listed. He picked it up tonight... unfortunately, I won't have it in my hands until he gets back to St. Louis for Christmas break. He said it appears to be in great shape. Wood handles with rivets, and he said it's an 'A' on the dampers! I haven't found too much on the history of the WGA... did they really make them in 1979?? Can't wait to give this beauty a good cleaning and fire her up! More pics will come when I finally get her in my possession.

ps - They threw the charcoal in for free. My nephew said that it was a "really old couple" who said that they upgraded. Since they threw in the charcoal, I'm guessing they must have "upgraded" to propane.

Attachments

• 3Lf3M63N45W45K95H3cai70e9e601b31316af.jpg
    3Lf3M63N45W45K95H3cai70e9e601b31316af.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 240
wow ! that is rare. might wanna consider really taking care of that. i have a new unused B model. plus 4 others. right now i just use the most beat up one i have and i love it. now you need to check out phubars posts. the guy is crazy on the ga's.
take care of those wood handles !

one tip is to replace the washers between the legs and the vents with ss washers.

my new unused B model

IMG_0431.jpg

wow ! that is rare. might wanna consider really taking care of that. i have a new unused B model. plus 4 others. right now i just use the most beat up one i have and i love it. now you need to check out phubars posts. the guy is crazy on the ga's.
take care of those wood handles !

one tip is to replace the washers between the legs and the vents with ss washers.

my new unused B model

IMG_0431.jpg

Wow, George. Pristine! Very nice. :thumb:

Hey Bob - that's a sweet score!
I'm no WGA SME or anything (I am a WSM SME!) but I have never seen a riveted WGA handle. That is way cool.
Make sure to post pics when it's all clean and shiny.

Very cool score! I am a big WGA fan. They are so versatile for such a small cooker. The venting system really allows for incredible control.... with a little practice. Just ask Phubar and Padawan as they are the experts.

I use my wga all the time.. for steaks /burgers ... never really tried anything different... just quick grilling....interested in trying to smoke with it

awesome ! just remember that you have a very rare one ! so take special care of it.

I haven't had a chance to do a complete clean-up of my "new" WGA, but it's in pretty great shape, considering that it's been around since '79, and I couldn't resist firing her up. Here's a few pix... I'll post more once she's had a good cleaning.

PS - Merry Christmas, everyone! Stay safe this Holiday Season!

Attachments

• DSC05027.JPG
    DSC05027.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC05032.jpg
    DSC05032.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC05028.JPG
    DSC05028.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC05029.JPG
    DSC05029.JPG