Best and worst of competition goodie bag?

sincitydisciple01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What's the best and worst item you ever received in a swag bag @ a competition? While not the best, the hands down winner for irony is a pen we got over the weekend from a KC company the performs cremations. Worst was a mini-bottle of some sort of cinnamon hooch that tasted like a handful of red hots candy mixed with kerosene.

When Bardwell, Ky. had a contest, J-mack Cookers were the organizers.. They had stuff we could use!.. paper towels, foil and a half cookie sheet.. Great contest.. I miss not seeing them! Madison, In. always gives us one thing in the goodie bag that I end up using year after year.

cool topic...watch for pics from Harrisburg PA....I hope to make them hard to beat!...for example...Stubbs rubs!!Pork Barrell BBQ , FAB!!!! Tasty Licks!!! and more...heck, 1/2 the entry is gonna be in the bag....rumor has it we have some comming in from Pork Pullin rub.....maybe more!! still trying!I still am holding out for so help from a butcher...

The best thing in the bag from the contest this weekend was that little blue bracelet that gave access to the facility with showers and a proper toilet.

A bottle of radiator stop leak. I guess one of the local auto parts stores was a sponsor.

The Sam's club regional contest bag was an insulated grocery bag, 4 NY Strip steaks and a bottle of McCormack steak seasoning. That was pretty good!

Most funny - Fly swatters at the Hudson Valley Rib Fest last year...

I was going to put this one in but you beat me too it.

2010 New Paltz had a livestock show the week before the contest. The place was covered with flies. I left my RV locked in the hot sun to kill all the flies...counted 30 of em. I went out and bought EZ UP screens after that.

I thought the organizers showed a great sense of humor about it by including fly swatters in 2011 with the contest logo on it. They also did a much better of controlling the flies.

If I remember correctly a little way back someone mentioned little Thermapen key chains were given out at a contest. That would be awesome.

2010 New Paltz had a livestock show the week before the contest. The place was covered with flies. I left my RV locked in the hot sun to kill all the flies...counted 30 of em. I went out and bought EZ UP screens after that.

I thought the organizers showed a great sense of humor about it by including fly swatters in 2011 with the contest logo on it. They also did a much better of controlling the flies.

We put our fly swatter to good use last year, and decided to leave a few of the squashed carcasses on the walls on our utility trailer as a message to the other flies... :evil:

Harpoon... tough to beat free beer,

beer-1.jpg

beer1.jpg

Back