Mac 'n' Cheese for 125

Capn Kev

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm cooking for a catering gig this weekend. One of the requested sides is Mac n Cheese. How many full size food pans do I need to make in order to have enough for the group?

It's one of three side options (baked beans and cole slaw are the other two).

Thoughts?

I did a party last year for a sorority of 110 petite girls, no guys amd they ate 2 1/2 full steam pans of mac n cheese and I almost ran out . This year I am cooking for them again 200 this time and I will be doing 6 or 7 pans.

I did a party last year for a sorority of 110 petite girls, no guys amd they ate 2 1/2 full steam pans of mac n cheese and I almost ran out . This year I am cooking for them again 200 this time and I will be doing 6 or 7 pans.

Need any help? :thumb:

Need any help? :thumb:

It's the only gig I do where I could actually charge guys to help me :-D On a scale of 1 to 10 most of then are a 12, the ugly are an 8 and a few are a 15 to 20 And who helps me??? My wife :tape::shocked::doh:

Well, we made 4 pans, and found out after the gig that 140 showed up. I believe only one person didn't get any mac n cheese (they showed up late). This was a Ducks Unlimited banquet, and had many big eaters (we went through 200 plates)!! We were praying the whole time the food would hold up. We were told 125 that morning, but found out afterwards that 140 showed... the wife and I were running around like ants under a magnifying glass! :-D

The whole hog sure looked and tasted fine ;)

If you want to check out the hog, click here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...et=a.326844385685.166068.289224500685&theater

200 plates is 200 servings is 4 full pans. We count plates and charge full price for anything beyond 10% over what they tell us. NWTF, DU and Whitetails Unltd are all OK with it as they know they eat big.

200 plates is 200 servings is 4 full pans. We count plates and charge full price for anything beyond 10% over what they tell us. NWTF, DU and Whitetails Unltd are all OK with it as they know they eat big.

I agree with you Jeff. We didn't price this correctly, and it was a great learning experience. The good thing is we didn't run out of anything, and we had a happy customer. :thumb:

That hog was 175lbs, how much meat was left after 140 people if any?

The hog fed about 120 people. We had to supplement with 4-5 picnic roasts cooked on the FEC. We cooked the roasts as a backup. We ended up with one full pan worth of pork left over, and that went home with the event organizer. :-D

Back