Pizza's on the way...

Hunterman95

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My first attempt at a brisket today. Had it on at 7:45amn it's now 8pm and still only 180* :(
Ended up just ordering pizza for the family. Oh well, we should have brisket sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.
On a more positive note, I also tried ABT's for the first time, and they are awsome!

Haha. That happened with my first Butt. Ordered pizza and the butt was ready 2 hours later. Had a great lunch the next day. Glad you liked the ABTs.

Haha. That happened with my first Butt. Ordered pizza and the butt was ready 2 hours later. Had a great lunch the next day. Glad you liked the ABTs.

Hey, I did that with my first 3 butts. Why does every manual that comes with a smoker say that it takes 8 hours to smoke a butt? I have a BGE and it takes a solid 13+ hours ever single time not counting the rest.

My first attempt at a brisket today. Had it on at 7:45amn it's now 8pm and still only 180* :(
Ended up just ordering pizza for the family. Oh well, we should have brisket sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.
On a more positive note, I also tried ABT's for the first time, and they are awsome!

Oh, yeah there are great things to eat while we wait for the big ol brisket to be done! Stuffed mushrooms, MOINKs, bacon wrapped scallops......dang I'm getting hungry

Always allow time for the meat to sit in a cooler for a couple of hrs. That will be the buffer that keeps the family happy.

Hey, it happens sometimes. My ribs didn't come out the best today either. The weather fought me. It was supposed to have been a nicer day but it remained overcast and breezy and we never got over 37*. It'll be better for both of us next time. :eek:)
~Kai

Yeah, I was fighting the weather too. Been windy all day, so I had to keep tweaking my intakes. Then this afternoon, we had a thunderstorm with hail & torrential rain.

If every meal we planned came out perfect we would have a restaurant, until then just have fun and enjoy a five star lunch!

Back