Ranchers reserve brisket

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anybody cooked the rr brisket at a contest yet? If so, any thoughts?

I've done 2 Rancher Reserve contests this year...

the one we got in vista was not bad..pretty good marbling and a nice fat cap

Do you have to cook it to be eligible for the extra prize money, Scottie and Matt?

Yes... but they also have no way of knowing if anyone cooked it. They are not tagged and they do not have brisket police..

the one we got in vista was not bad..pretty good marbling and a nice fat cap

That was my experience at Vista and Stagecoach
Much better than expected.... They were nice Choice Quality Briskets

Yes... but they also have no way of knowing if anyone cooked it. They are not tagged and they do not have brisket police..

Yes It would take a lot of energy to enforce
:) Honor System would be nice But yea you know the answer there :)
Unlike the Kingsford Series the tour makes sure your signed up to win the $$

Ah, I just re-read the email and they suggest you use it but don't require it. Not that I'll finish top 3 anyway but nice to dream!

Dear New Holland Summer Fest Competitor,

This year Summer Fest and Rancher’s Reserve are teaming up to provide a brisket to each team and additional prize monies to the winners. Summer Fest is 1 of 10 competitions in the country that Rancher’s Reserve is teaming up with.

Rancher’s Reserve will provide one 15-pound (approximate weight) brisket to each team on Friday afternoon, August 27.

They are providing Summer Fest $1500 additional prize money to be distributed as follows –

Rancher’s Reserve Prize Summer Fest Prize Total Prize
1st place brisket $750 $600 $1350
2nd place brisket $500 $500 $1000
3rd place brisket $250 $400 $650

This makes for very lucrative prizes for the brisket category. There is no requirement to use their brisket and everyone is on the honor system.

They will have a trailer on site to provide information and samples.

This is a one-time offer from Rancher’s Reserve and Summer Fest.

If you have any questions, please email us at the above email address.

New Holland Summer Fest Committee

Yup...actually took a first place trophy home with one...:thumb: The real pisser is that we cooked a Waygu as well and preferred the choice RR for our turn in...go figure...:becky:

I cook them a lot depending on what brand I get. They are good briskets. USDA choice kills a wagyu anyday! ;)

Do you have to cook it to be eligible for the extra prize money, Scottie and Matt?

The comp I'm doing next weekend has a bonus 700$ prize for RR brisket if you place first. So I'll be using it, plus it's a free 15# brisket.. Can't complain to much for free meat as well as extra prize money. (if I even place)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We actaully have a RR sponsored comp this weekend right here in my home town...I'm sure a packer or two will be cooked here as well...:thumb:

I picked up two of them in Dillon, CO a couple o week's ago. They're not bad briskets. However, I still think the ones I get from Sam's are better.

Ok whats the deal with this promotion? I received my brisket from RR this weekend at New Holland PA. It was an" Excel " brand select brisket that was at best 8-9 pounds. The advertised approx 15 pounds. I have seen excels at supermarkets before. Do they own the brand? Something seemed wrong and nobody seemed to have an answer.

Hmmm...good question...I just took a look at the two packers in my freezer that RR gave us last weekend at the Duvall comp. Both are Excel brand selects...the same thing they gave us to cook last Saturday for the public sampling. I tell you one thing for sure...they cook up mighty tasty...:becky: Maybe fire off an e-mail to RR to kill your curosity...:cool:

Back