• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need a UDS Oil Drum Lid??

DUCKSHOT

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have access to an empty oil drum with the top cut off with the special opener and still has the nice rounded edge on top. Don't know what I can use for a top that's free or very cheap. I have read some are using a 22" Weber top but don't know where to get one and I looked. I can say I don't like the idea of using the Weber top and having grease come off the top and roll down the drum, unless I'm missing something. I wanted the flat top type lid so I could use a chrome tip for exhaust.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't see any issue with using a Weber lid. I use Weber lids on two of my kettles and my Cajun Bandit. Also I have a headless barrel that I got for a UDS project and the Weber lid fits like a glove. Another thing my Weber WSM uses a dome style lid also, no problem.

Hit craigslist and find an old weber kettle or similar grill and use the lid. Ive seen it done plenty if times and no one has had any complaints that i have seen.

Sheet metal and a MIG welder,:biggrin1: save the top piece possible uses Diffuser, Add castes and use it for a UDS cart, Ash pan for the fire basket.:doh:

Checked Craigslist and no luck. No access to welder so I don't know where to look now. Weber kettle top is $50 plus shipping and tax., not what I want to pay.

Can't find any free open head drums.... I could buy a used one for 65 or buy a lid that I read may or may not fit. I looked at Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot websites and no luck with the other brands kettle cookers going for $25.

Back