Chicken Picatta wings

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Was looking to grill something a little different than the usual Adam Perry Lang hot wings so I thought to myself what kinda chix is my favorite and I came to the conclusion it was Chix Picatta plus I love wings so I figured I would blend the two together. Wings are only trimmed then S&P and AP flour after being sprayed with cooking spray then onto the hot Weber One Touch. While there cooking I mixed up some white wine (reduced by 1/2) and minced caper (so they will stick to the wings) along with some chix broth,lemon juice a touch of hot sauce (becauce I like it) brought to a boil then added some Wondra flour to thicken thinking this will help the sauce to stick to the wings better. See ya in a hour and a half or so with the results.
chixpicattawings002.jpg
chixpicattawings001.jpg

Love, love, love piccata! Anxious to see how this turns out. :wink:

These came out really really good. They tasted like a lightly salted (from the capers) lemony,crispy fried chicken. Very nice. Only problem was I only made six. Cause if they sucked I didn't want to mess up a bunch of wings. I will do more of these tomorrow for sure.
chixpicatta2001.jpg

chixpicatta2002.jpg

chixpicatta2003.jpg

Look very good! Dang! Wish you could send me some! *sigh* :hungry:

tish come and get em. Your only about 6 hours away. I have time to make a bunch more.

tish come and get em. Your only about 6 hours away. I have time to make a bunch more.

Don't tempt me! I've got to get ready to go down to Ft. Bragg and say goodbye to my kid, or for two cents, I would! :thumb:

That's right your boy is in the service. I forgot. Tell him thanks and give him a hug from us. Even though he doesn't know us. I remember the day my daughter left I was a friggin mess to say the least. And they say men don't cry. My azz I did and ain't afraid to admit it. Worse day of my life it was.

I have to add I did a respray with cooking oil on the wings after they were on for about 15 minutes to help them crisp up.

Thanks, Skidder. Yeah, I'm gonna be a mess. I've been a mess since he went in. Won't get any better, I'm sure, until he's out completely. But then, he wants to go to the Police Academy to finish studying to be a cop. Good Lord, help me! lol Then I can worry about him for the rest of my life. :roll: He's a good kid. :wink:

Now I see what your talkin' bout Bob!! :becky:

Great looking wings!! :thumb:

Not to brag but they really were that good! Much better than I thought they would come out. Much more of a change of pace over the usual hot wing. A nice pleasant,clean and light flavor. Though I'd never give up on the APL wings.

Love most anything Picatta....I'm sure those wings were great. Cool idea.

Looks great but....only 6 wings Brother!?!:wink:

Yeah only six. I've had other bright ideas that didn't work and messed a bunch of wings for no reason. Though even when I do mess them up they guys at work love them. Then again most of them would eat a dirt sandwich.

Last edited:
Looks awesome Bob!

Back