I got the most profound feedback about my brisket...

I did not. I simply coated it in Montreal steak seasoning the night before. I didn't wrap it either. I simply put it on at 225 and bumped it up to 250 during the last hour to speed it up. We wanted dinner to be ready at 5-ish and it was done at 8PM. 6.5 pound brisket, 12 hour smoke. 203 internal temp.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287648

Tony.

Jumping from the turnup wagon to the meat wagon is probably a rough ride.

I gave a few slices to some neighbors and one of them told me tonight that the taste and texture was excellent, but it was too.....MEATY?!

I have never received that kind of feedback on my BBQ. To be fair, he was a vegetarian who recently started eating meat.. He said he hasn't had beef in 25 years. I'm still very amused at his feedback.

Tony.

Holy crap, thought I was getting my forums messed up. I'm a Sig guy too. I posted on the thread there.

Holy crap, thought I was getting my forums messed up. I'm a Sig guy too. I posted on the thread there.

That's funny. I did see your comment over there too. Someone on SF suggested I use "My brisket is too meaty" as my CUT, but I'll save that for this forum.

I did recognize your name as well but over here my mind registers your name as "burntends."

I'm addicted to "The Lounge" and "The Lair" over there.

Happy smoking and happy shooting!

Tony.

Back