New Toy

Gadragonfly

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Last week I saw a picture of this Davey Crockett model from Green Mountain Grills. I've never cooked on a pellet pooper but I'm going to enjoy learning. I ran a test burn tonight to see how easily I could maintain temps and how hot it would run. Success on both fronts. It took less than 15 minutes to reach 550 degrees and I was able to hold the temp for 30 minutes before I shut it down for the night.

Attachments

• First pic.jpg
    First pic.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 343
Very nice, I wouldn't mind having a pellet pooper myself. :thumb:

Those legs are in a serious need for cross bracing. The price is good, but those legs will fail at some point, I fear.

The legs fold up over the top as a carry handle. It will run on 12volt or 120. Have looked at it for camping

Nice cooker. Those legs seem different from the ones I have seen, maybe I just wasn't paying attention. There is nothing wrong with build quality for a GMG that I can remember

Nice cooker. Those legs seem different from the ones I have seen, maybe I just wasn't paying attention. There is nothing wrong with build quality for a GMG that I can remember

Good to know. As an architect, you definitely would know a thing ot two about load bearing. From the photos, I was having misgivings. Not immediate, but over a few years time.

that grill is a "tailgater" and by golly it's literally running on your tailgate . way cool .

are you running it on 12v ?

Looks like it 'll do a super good job for ya. Nice hearing it do 550 degrees and hold
it.

Back