Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Rockin Ribfest - Merrimack NH

BoneDaddy's

Take a breath!
Reaction score
OK, I know people are a bit upset with the Rotary Club, but for those going, here is our thread!

Granny's Gang will be there.

Just curious, this Competition seems to have a bad rap. This will be my second time going to this competition. Can anyone fill me in on why the bad vibes?

Thanks

Jim S.
Granny's Gang Barbeque

Poor payouts, especially when considering the amount of visitors they get. GC paid $900 last year and they reported over 33,000 visitors if I remember correctly.

Fining teams for burn marks on the ground and just general disregard for the teams, IMO.

I never felt mistreated, personally, but when you factor everything in, I decided to sit this one out this year.

That sucks, it was cool!

Yeah, I tried on numerous occassions to save it, but nothing seemed to get them all..........oh well.

I did let the organizer know just to be on the look out if they stick with the carvings going forward.

Anyhow, good luck to the teams heading up there. Sorry to take things off topic.

I did let the organizer know just to be on the look out if they stick with the carvings going forward.

I'm sure that will help, because when it comes to supporting the teams, nobody is better than Merrimack. :mmph:

First time I went there, I was told "don't drive on the grass." The contest is in a field.

Last year, we were 6th in chicken, 4th in pork, 2nd in brisket, and 4th overall. Total payout for that was $132, not including the $50 that they wanted to deduct for making a 4 inch mark on the grass. Watch out for that, it's built into the contest rules this year, so they are going to be on the lookout to fine teams again. I think you have to GC or RC this event to even get your entry fee back.

Back