Lazy Man = WSM, IQ110, and Maverick 732

K-JUN

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm cooking up a brisket for my 7 day old grandson well actually for his mom and dad. I have stuff to do around the house so I set up the WSM with my IQ 110 and Maverick 732. I know, I know, you don't really need a temp controller on a WSM. But you don't need a car that goes from 0 to 60 in 4.1 seconds but who doesn't like that? I will let you know how things go this evening.

DSC01383.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks like a sweet set-up to me!

Let us know how it goes.

Nice rig. Needed or not, if you can't keep an eye on it ... it's better safe than sorry.

Just a quick shot of the finished product. A choice 14 lb. full packer. I trimmed off the hard fat but not much more. Salt and pepper rub cooked with Stubbs charcoal and oak chunks. It ran for about 9 hours at 265* and was 205* IT when it probed right. I let it rest about 1 hour wrapped on the counter.

DSC01387.jpg

Just a note on why I don't go by IT temp only. At about the 7.5 hour mark the thermometer was 195*. I thought man that was fast but when I probed it I could see it was nowhere close to being ready. At first I was WTF I know the thermometer was calibrated because I had checked before I started. Well I decided to insert into another location on the flat and right away it went down to 180*. I guess I had it in a fat pocket at first. It took about another 1.5 hours to finish.:blah::blah:
Anyway thanks for looking.

Just a quick shot of the finished product. A choice 14 lb. full packer. I trimmed off the hard fat but not much more. Salt and pepper rub cooked with Stubbs charcoal and oak chunks. It ran for about 9 hours at 265* and was 205* IT when it probed right. I let it rest about 1 hour wrapped on the counter.

DSC01387.jpg

Just a note on why I don't go by IT temp only. At about the 7.5 hour mark the thermometer was 195*. I thought man that was fast but when I probed it I could see it was nowhere close to being ready. At first I was WTF I know the thermometer was calibrated because I had checked before I started. Well I decided to insert into another location on the flat and right away it went down to 180*. I guess I had it in a fat pocket at first. It took about another 1.5 hours to finish.:blah::blah:
Anyway thanks for looking.

Yep. That's called the Stall. Can happen at any IT and more than once depending on conditions. Nice Cook!

Back