New Smoker Suggstions from NY?

DirtyDirty00

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Im shopping around for a new smoker in NY. I cannot find any places that make them around this area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im currently thinking about going with the party gator, or a pit from JJ.

What im looking for:
Offset smoker, preferably a pipe smoker.
No preference on round/square FB
at least 20x40 main chamber. Preferably 24" diameter
Slide out racks

I find plenty of places in texas/georgia however the shipping is quite hefty. I have looked at meadow creek out of PA however the cooker isnt that big that they offer and the price of it is the same as it would cost to buy the gator AND have it shipped.

Anyone know where i can find a BBQ builder around NY? CT? NJ?

Thanks!

I feel your pain. I am in Ohio, and shipping is half the cost of those pits from Texas, and Georgia.

yep it does. ive found most shipping to be around 550 to me. that takes my costs from 1550 up to 2100 if i go with the gator

The people in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and the rest of the South do not realize how lucky they are. In Texas, smoker dealers are like gas stations...there is almost one on every corner.

We retired in Las Vegas a year ago and I have decided to start to increase my Q'ing in retirement. After moving from Houston to LV, I now find myself in a wasteland for smoker fabricators with only one dealer (but not a fabricator) found so far. I even designed a smoker and called up over a dozen fabrication shops and none were interested in giving me a price. I even looked in barstow CA with no luck. You would think that would not be the case in a town with over 14% unemployment. Like DirtyDirty, the quotes I have gotten from fabricators back East for transportation are almost $500, significantly raising the cost. If anyone knows of a fabricator in NV or northern AZ, let me know.

i will look them up and shoot them an email. Site says they will build anything, so ill send em a pic and see if they can quote me. thanks.

Back