• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Anyone have these gloves?

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking these gloves up primarily for pulling pork. Does anyone have them or have any thoughts. I was close to spending more $$ one some elsewhere before I found them.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Best-Barbecue-Insulated/dp/B0007ZGURK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357660767&sr=8-1&keywords=barbeque+gloves"]Amazon.com: Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves, Pair: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have them and like them as well. I use them in combination with the Meat Rake to pull pork and beef and love how both work. My hands still get pretty warm in the gloves but nothing that isn't tolerable

I use the Butterball carving gloves. Work great and aren't very expensive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone. Sounds like they will work for my needs. I think the best way to pull pork is with your fingers and these should help with that.

I have a pair of the pvc coated gloves. If i didnt receive mine free from Simply Marvelous order, i would of gotten them from homedepot or harbor freight. They are the same thing as Steve Raichlen gloves without the marketting name.

I have a pair of them and like them. Do not mistake them for oven mitts. Pick up something hot enough and they will melt. For handling food they are fine.

I have a pair of them and like them. Do not mistake them for oven mitts. Pick up something hot enough and they will melt. For handling food they are fine.

Oh I know, you'd have to be a dumby to think these things replace oven mitts

I don't have these to test, but if slickness and staining are a problem, could you slide a pair of latex food handling gloves over the top? I feel like I've seen people do that over the Ov Gloves, but maybe these are too bulky.

Back