Seperating Brisket

I am, look out, I might cheat? Or is it cheating? There is no rule against reheating. Unless we add to what the rule doesn't say!!!

The funny thing is, the best I ever did in pork was when I did not reheat!!!

OC, I wasn'trying to single you out. You guys came out, I sure was not going to be busting someone for doing that. I also don't need somone pointing a finger at me or saying wow. My recommendation would be to ask the rep. I do that at every contest, if they are new reps to my team, so they know what I am doing with my pork. I don't want any surprises at the judging table! Reps have to clear through a lot of muddied areas, so it's good to know their thoughts.

OC, I wasn'trying to single you out. You guys came out, I sure was not going to be busting someone for doing that. I also don't need somone pointing a finger at me or saying wow. My recommendation would be to ask the rep. I do that at every contest, if they are new reps to my team, so they know what I am doing with my pork. I don't want any surprises at the judging table! Reps have to clear through a lot of muddied areas, so it's good to know their thoughts.

I know that I am only busting ball. I am not going to reheat unless I get the go ahead from the reps with a witness from another team. :icon_smil

You're right Jorge...

But I also separate my point from the flat when I am preparing for turn-in... But I also do something to it prior to cooking. But if I gave that advice, I might as well give a class too... :icon_shy

Some things just have be learned by trial and error, right amigo?

Where are going to be "moose watching" this weekend? I don't think I'll spot any in Albuquerque...unless it's the one in the mirror! Good luck wherever you are and go get Number 5!

This is my mandatory off week... aka I have to work on Friday... :icon_smil

For pork butts I use of these on it to make them tender

Then I use one of these to pound out the meat real thin

I get plenty of surface area for bark and the meat is always so tender and cooks so fast

No need to part at all

Last edited:
I think I'll be pulling my charcoal basket out of my cooker around 12:45. Better safe than DQ'ed!

I think I'll be pulling my charcoal basket out of my cooker around 12:45. Better safe than DQ'ed!

Don't forget to open the cooker door and put a fan in there. Can't have any heat. I almost want to set up a tray with finished pork and put it in my cooker after all the heat is gone. Just to say I did it. :lol::lol::lol:

Back