• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Trailer floor coating?

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've got a trailer being built for me to use for contests. It will have tread/diamond plate for the floor, both on the porch where the smokers go, and in the enclosed area. It's got primer on it now. Debating on what to finish it with. Thinking about truck bed liner, paint, ??? Any do's or don'ts learned out there?

P5260096.jpg

I heard that lining was hard to wash grease off of. But I have no experience with it.

I have a toy hauler with a rubber fuel resistant coating that is like ice when wet, so I'm looking for a similar solution for my ramp door. I have a friend who owns a Line-x shop and he says their coating will provide traction even when wet. So I think I'm going to give that a try...I know the stuff is not light so you may want to consider that as well depending upon the size your planning on doing.

I have a spray on liner on the back of mine. I have a problem keeping it clean from grease. Rod Gray's always looks perfect. Says he just uses Greased Lightning on his. I've tried GL, and it is better, but always looks dirty.

i went with epoxy paint with sand mixed in.. Easy to recoat, washes great and traction even when wet or greasy.

Nice looking trailer. Only question I have is if you'll have it done in time to come up to the Royal and hang out with your CF brothers

I hear lots of good things about Rhino Linings, non-slip when wet and cleans up nicely with a pressure washer.

You're painting that a different color, right? Might I suggest orange and blue?

You should be ok with the liner. I mean grease is grease, it slick on anything. If you do go with the liner make sure to come up the sides some so if you need to you can spray it out and not have the water seep through the seams.

Great info so far guys, I do appreciate it. Still studying options, and listening to your experiences.

Don't think I can make it up to the Royal this year. Too far of a drive. But '08 was a trip I'll never forget! :biggrin:

Scottie, red is what Stump had on hand, so the price was better. It will definitely have a gator flavor to it though. :cool:

I worked in auto tech service, on painted floors. Look into redback shoes, for slip issues. Google it, i've used them and they work. With oil, grease, water, trans fluid and they last. Even with harsh cemical treatment in the shop. They have a line cald chef. Those are the ones I have, and have for two years.

Back