Easter Turkey

L

Larry Wolfe

Beer interferred with my schedule yesterday. I had planned on brining todays turkey.........so I mixed up a small batch of brine this morning and injected with my Dial-O-Matic. Put on Junior with a couple apple chunks and hooked up the Digi Q! I also had a little visitor during her Easter Egg Hunt! Check out the blooms on the Magnolia tree, YAY Spring is here!!!!
3-23-08072.jpg
3-23-08074.jpg
3-23-08067.jpg
3-23-08068.jpg
3-23-08076.jpg

Turkey will be great I am sure. The magnolia tree looks beautiful! I have a small one just starting to form some buds. Won't be long I hope!

Beautiful setting Larry...looking forward to the pron pics. Is that your daughter hunting for eggs?

Looks great Larry. I have a Turkey on as well. Real cute young lady there! Grandkids had to go back to VA on Sat so we did Easter with them on Friday.

Can't wait for yo to slice into that bird Larry and man it would be nice to have some of that weather here.

More wires and probes than in an emergency room! I think the "patient" will be looking good in a few hours!

More wires and probes than in an emergency room! I think the "patient" will be looking good in a few hours!

I absolutely agree and to be honest years ago I laughed at the thought of a Guru.............then I had kids.........................then they cut into my beer time...............then the wife started whining about this and that and then I met my new best friend......................Digi Q. Now I light the grill, set the temps and leave. I know, I know most cookers will self tend but I needed a new toy!!:mrgreen: Don't tell my wife!

Well here are the results of the "Brine Injected Turkey" FANTASTIC! It tasted and had the same moisture content as one I would normally brine over night. So if you don't have time or space to brine this is a great great alternative and I will probably go this route for now on versus messing with brining overnight! I'll post the brine recipe if anyone is interested.
3-23-08117.jpg
3-23-08001.jpg
3-23-08006.jpg
3-23-08008.jpg
3-23-08021.jpg

Brine Injection recipe
1 cup Morton Kosher Salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1TBS Granulated Garlic
1 gallon cold water

Now I made that full batch and only used half for a 14lb turkey so plan accordingly.

Back