Qing for dollars

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So MrsMista calls me from the hospital and tells me that the family with the baby across from Morgan is having a baby shower. Grandpa was supposed to cook some ribs but flaked at the last minute. The nurses had been talking about my ribs (I took them some one night. Wonder why Morgan gets great care?) so she asked MrsMista if I could cook the ribs for them.

Basically, they bought 7 racks of ribs and they just want me to cook and deliver them. I told them I can cook them Saturday and deliver them Saturday night for the Sunday baby shower. Since I'm not shopping or buying the meat, I am charging $10/rack.

Am I under charging?

Covering you time, for a family in a similar situation, who i am sure will appreciate the hell out of it. I think that's fair. Scott

PS, I'm cooking for a 120 band members and their family tonight...gratis. S

Covering you time, for a family in a similar situation, who i am sure will appreciate the hell out of it. I think that's fair. Scott

PS, I'm cooking for a 120 band members and their family tonight...gratis. S

I find that the only free cooking I do now is for family, church potlucks and judges...

Well its nice that you can sit at the house and watch the Dodgers take a whuppin while they cook....

Thats if you have finished converting Morgan's bedroom!!

I think its a fair price as long as you dont have to drive to Ventura to deliver em :-D

and a damn nice thing to do...

Sounds like a fair price to me Mista. Heck I'd almost do it for free just so to get some more Q time in:wink:

This will definitely be practice for my contest coming up on the 7-8th

So MrsMista calls me from the hospital and tells me that the family with the baby across from Morgan is having a baby shower. Grandpa was supposed to cook some ribs but flaked at the last minute. The nurses had been talking about my ribs (I took them some one night. Wonder why Morgan gets great care?) so she asked MrsMista if I could cook the ribs for them.

Basically, they bought 7 racks of ribs and they just want me to cook and deliver them. I told them I can cook them Saturday and deliver them Saturday night for the Sunday baby shower. Since I'm not shopping or buying the meat, I am charging $10/rack.

Am I under charging?

I charge $12 a rack and that includes buying the meat, I would say I am definitely not charing enough! Like some others have said I do it at that price because I always find the pratice helpful, and I can only eat so much BBQ!

We charge

$16 a slab plus $3 for the tips, for a total of $19.

Nothing like a passion paying for itself. Good luck!!! Let us know how it turns out. Would like to take my Qing to that level as well. If u get some pic plz post

I don't know. I almost never post pics...

Sounds like a win win case to me. You get some free meat to grab some practice, and somebody pays you to cook it. As you know, with a new baby, that family is not going to get any rest for some time. The least they can have going for them is a GREAT Rib dinner.

Am I under charging?

We get $18.00 a slab delivered wether across the street or across town.

Are these your friends that are having the baby shower? How far do you have to drive to deliver them or are they willing to pick them up? Will cooking these cause you to miss out on something else you could be doing? How much fuel, rub and sauce will you use in making these?

Mista, Shelby had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days when she was born and I ordered some pizza and made signs thanking all who helped. Man when we left they loaded us down with diapers, formula, infant blankets, and samples of everything. If Dominoes gets that think what some good Q will bring. :wink:

Yup! Gonna make sure I take some more up there before Morgan gets out of Shawshank!

Bigmista,Just do it and charge what you fell. Because of the good thing you do for these people will be paid back to u many times over. Think about being in their shoes right now. Know you have had it tough with your baby, so you know how they feel. Just let your heart guide you.

Back