EZ Up canopies

R

Roo-B-Q'N

Had to go to Lowe's for a few things for the business, and they are already putting up their Christmas Stuff :evil: .

But the good thing about that is that I darn near tripped over their Quik Shade Canopies, clearenced at $24.50! They originally sell for $98.00.

Hit Lowe's soon if you are in the market for one, only problem I had was deciding if I wanted one or two. I took two.

Roo-B-Q'N said:
Had to go to Lowe's for a few things for the business, and they are already putting up their Christmas Stuff :evil: .

But the good thing about that is that I darn near tripped over their Quik Shade Canopies, clearenced at $24.50! They originally sell for $98.00.

Hit Lowe's soon if you are in the market for one, only problem I had was deciding if I wanted one or two. I took two.

Whoa! How big were they, Roo?

How does this brand compare to the EZ Up brand quality-wise? I'll be in the market for a couple of EZ Ups before the 2007 season starts.

Jeff,

I asked my wife to pick up whatever she could today at this price.

We had a Quik Shade 10x10 on the back deck for three years before it bit the dust. I didn't put it away early enough in the fall (OK it was winter already) and snow killed it. Before that it was up spring to fall continuosly, through rain and wind. It served well.

And at $25, it is almost disposable!

timzcardz said:
Jeff,

I asked my wife to pick up whatever she could today at this price.

We had a Quik Shade 10x10 on the back deck for three years before it bit the dust. I didn't put it away early enough in the fall (OK it was winter already) and snow killed it. Before that it was up spring to fall continuosly, through rain and wind. It served well.

And at $25, it is almost disposable!

Exactly!

Jeff_in_KC said:
How does this brand compare to the EZ Up brand quality-wise? I'll be in the market for a couple of EZ Ups before the 2007 season starts.

They aren't nearly as stout as the EZ-up you took up north with you... The $200 versions at sam's are as close to the "commercial" version you can get.

These are steel framed, "Weekender" with a 10x10 base. On many of them the tops are only 8x8.... so the legs are angled. Still a steal at $25.

http://www.quikshade.com/products.html

I just called three of my local Lowes stores and finally found one and they are holding it for me. I have used EZ-UP in the past, I hope these work just as well. I have also used the slightly less expensive imitations and been sorely disappointed.

I have a Quik Shade. Got it for free from BIL A "knuckle joint" had failed. I put a nail in to replace the missing rivet and it still works fine :lol:

Quik Shade is "OK"--but it is not a premium unit. Just utilitarian.

The web site listed above shows the availability of side walls at the bottom of the page.

At $25, you really can't go wrong. At $100--I would buy better.

FWIW

TIM

Went to my local Lowe's today. They had 4 Quick Shades, 2 blue and 2 white. They looked like different models. Anyway, none of them were on sale. Just my luck. I bought a 10x10 canopy on ebay this year for $52 + $54 shipping. Leaked like a sieve in a drizzle. It was a "no name" version of EZ UP and a chinsy one at that. Live and learn.

Wine & Swine just called from the Garden City Lowe's and said no dice. Oh well.

Spent an hour yesterday replacing two legs on my 12x12 Quikshade that were bent during the New Paltz rain storm. Hoping to get something a bit sturdier for next year's comps.

SmokeInDaEye said:
Wine & Swine just called from the Garden City Lowe's and said no dice. Oh well.

Spent an hour yesterday replacing two legs on my 12x12 Quikshade that were bent during the New Paltz rain storm. Hoping to get something a bit sturdier for next year's comps.

If you find something that will work on the flies at New Paltz call....COLLECT!

Back