• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Appetizers for dinner! (pr0n)

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I hadn't cooked on the Kettle in a while and wanted to knock our a couple throwdowns with tonight's cook. So, I dusted off the ol' Weber and pulled out one of my new Firewire skewers to cover one throwdown. The menu consisted of the following:

- Prime Tenderloin Bloody Mary Bruscetta
- Spinach Dip
- Grilled and Stuffed Avocados

That covers my 3 appetizers, so another throwdown down.

I was cooking it for my honey that I love, so I may as well throw it in the special TD as well!

The meat was 0.9 lb of Prime beef tenderloin

I cubed it up and threw in on the Firewire

I marinated the beef in Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix and figured I should enjoy one while I had the mix out! Vodka was a Kazakh vodka called Snow Queen.

Spinach dip was made with chopped water chestnuts, greek yogurt, mayo, parmesan, mozzarella, some minced garlic and thrown in a foil pan for cooking on the Kettle.

I forgot to get prep pics of the sliced avocados, but just visualize an avocado cut and half with the pit removed.

Got the Kettle all fired up and enjoyed a St Arnold Brown Ale. Colt was kind enough to hold it for me.

Everything is prepped and on the grill.

Once the beef was done, I threw it on some small pieces of toasted Italian bread and topped with some thickened bloody mary mix and shredded mozzarella. Pic is prior to adding the cheese and putting it in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

Here is the Prime Tenderloin Bloody Mary Bruscetta

Spinach dip served with blue corn chips

Grilled and Stuffed Avocados were stuffed with pico de gallo after pulling from the grill and topped with pepper jack cheese and put in the oven to allow the cheese to melt.

Here is the plated shot of all 3.

We were pretty pleased with everything. The avocados could have used a bit of seasoning. The bruscetta was awesome. Beef was as tender as can be and flavor was awesome! The spinach dip was our standard recipe just cooked on the smoker this time, so it was as expected. Will definitely be doing the beef again!

Thanks for looking!

That looks dang good!

Since you are a Bloody Mary fan, have you tried the HDD Bloody Mary one brother posted here a while back? It's the only way I drink them now and I used to be a Zing Zang guy.

That looks dang good!

Since you are a Bloody Mary fan, have you tried the HDD Bloody Mary one brother posted here a while back? It's the only way I drink them now and I used to be a Zing Zang guy.
Thanks!

No, I haven't tried it yet...need to buy some HDD first :wink:

Heck yeah! Looks great Peeps!
Thaanks, Jeanie!

Great cook and entries, Peeps! Looks amazing. and I'll take a bloody mary if you're pourin'

Outstanding cook. Thanks for taking the time for all the great pics.

Dang fine job there peeps, but there was no pig honey involved, but the method with the oven seemed to work out :whistle:

Dang fine job there peeps, but there was no pig honey involved, but the method with the oven seemed to work out :whistle:
Man, there is a reason I like smoking/Q'ing over grilling....the slower pace allows for more prep/finish time and is more my style. I was in and out the door it seemed like a hundred times making sure I didn't fark up all 3 of these. Earl would have made this work easier and could have just done it all outside on either, but wanted to show the Kettle some love and since I was winging these a bit, the oven just made it easier so Tasha could help and keep me "sane". :thumb:

Is to too early for a Bloody Mary?

That all looks great, Peeps!
Hmmm....we ARE going to NOLA in 3 days. I could use some morning Bloody Mary practice :wink: Wonder if that would fly with Tasha? :becky:

Great day on the grill. Food looks great and I imagine tasted great-er

:hail:

Back