• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

3 Butts and Bacon Wrapped Burnt Butt Ends

Bob in St. Louis

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've done burnt ends by slicing off "steaks" from the pork butt before the butts were at "pull temp", and cubing them.
But today I'm wrapping them in bacon. Also, some potatoes will co-star in today's smoke show.

The butts have been on since 7am (it's 2pm now), so things are coming to an end, so I'll have more pics later, but here's the first batch of photos.

Bottom line......
Enough talking. No more captions or descriptions. The meat will speak for itself.

Thanks guys!
Yea, I figured I was safe wrapping pork with more pork. I really didn't travel too far out on that limb, did I?
ha ha ha....

Thanks fellas.
Yea Billy, you really should give it a shot. Brisket burnt ends are better that butt burnt ends.

I didn't take pics of dinner....the natives got restless because it took too long to cook.
But you've all seen pulled pork sammies anyway.

All I had left to take photos of after they left was the half dozen one pound bags I packed up for the freezer.
Oh....there is one pic of everything in the foil, but y'all know what that looks like, but here it is anyway.

Thanks to Butchers BBQ, Slap Yo Daddy, and Simply Marvelous for making awesome products.

Sorry. This is a bit anti-climactic.

Thank ya gentilemen!
The freezer is happily stocked with some PP pron. Perfect for quick easy lunches after Church. Yum.

Thanks guys!
yea, that's one thing we don't see much of around here are left-overs packaged up and ready for the freezer. When (good) friends come over, I usually send them home with a package and strict instructions on how to properly reheat the PP.

Back