• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. $20,000 Laughlin NV May 2-4

ThomEmery

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Smoke On The Water
Nevada State BBQ Championship
May 2 - 4, 2013
$20,000 Guaranteed Prize Money Considered Largest in the West

The world's best grillers will be in Laughlin, Nevada at Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort on May 2 - 4, 2013 for the Second Annual Smoke on the Water Nevada State BBQ.

Considered one of the largest contests in the state with a guaranteed purse of $20,000, the Nevada champion's purse of $3,500 is one of the largest on the competition circuit. We're also spreading the love by paying top five overall and through fourteen places in all four categories.

The Nevada State BBQ Championship is held at the Riverside Resort surrounded by the beautiful mountains and nestled on the Colorado River. Entry fee is only $300 and includes electricity and water.

$20,000 prize money, 100% certified judges and great amenities that are second to none. To be the best you have to beat the best.

http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=263&Itemid=340

Smoke On The Water
Nevada State BBQ Championship
May 2 - 4, 2013
$20,000 Guaranteed Prize Money Considered Largest in the West

The world's best grillers will be in Laughlin, Nevada at Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort on May 2 - 4, 2013 for the Second Annual Smoke on the Water Nevada State BBQ.

Considered one of the largest contests in the state with a guaranteed purse of $20,000, the Nevada champion's purse of $3,500 is one of the largest on the competition circuit. We're also spreading the love by paying top five overall and through fourteen places in all four categories.

The Nevada State BBQ Championship is held at the Riverside Resort surrounded by the beautiful mountains and nestled on the Colorado River. Entry fee is only $300 and includes electricity and water.

$20,000 prize money, 100% certified judges and great amenities that are second to none. To be the best you have to beat the best.

http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=263&Itemid=340

Does this mean the GC or the highest placing team from Nevada? If that is GC, I like the category pay outs.

The Champ does not have to be a Nevada resident
The winner will be a Nevada State Champ
He could be from say what? ......AR or

Scottie, hope you doing well on the barbecue trail brother. Always a pleasure working with you and the great things your team promotes when it comes to cancer awareness. Keep up the good work and anything I can do for you, just holler! Safe travels when you're on the road.

Thanks Ronnie. Giving Thom a little grief...

Hope my knee heals up and I can make a contest of yours. Always first class and if it wasn't, Mamma Cates would make sure it was!:p

Good luck!!!

LOL....actually grieve me. I have somebody managing my Facebook page and they used grillers. I think Thom just cut and pasted. I have since informed my managers of the proper names along with LOW and SLOW! Hope that knee heals up soon.

Thanks Ronnie. Good luck with the event.

Actually, the verbiage is not on the Facebook page, it is on the Smoke on Water web site. Is someone computer challenged?

Thom, don't fall on your sword!

Hey sunshine. Lighten up a little! Are you competing in any of our events or just commenting. We've given away over a million dollars in prize money the past ten years. Trying hard to create big money contests out West. Lets discuss that instead of a word. Hope to see you in May brother. Or November. Good luck on the barbecue trail.

Ron were looking forward to both of your events this year(cooked your Vegas event last year)your crew does a great job..also most competitors here would rather hear info straight from you than from Thom..I'm glad to see you front and center.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt. Thom was just helping me out at my request. There's 12 forums, our own social media and website along with promoting the May event and running my ad agency. Not enough hours in the day. Lol. We're going to be more hands on. Just trying to get more teams recruited for the May event. Have a good one!

Back