• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Should I polyurethane my cedar BGE table???

Can you use poly?

Sure. If you want the finish to crack from temp variations.

The olympia stain and sealer in one is a play on words......all exterior stains have that property.

I hope you used the oil based product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of doing a table similar to this. What did the table cost you to build? That includes the stain finish.

My wife ordered it for my Christmas present. I've been talking about build a table for over a year, but work too much to find the time (proof of that is that just now assembling this table 6 weeks after Christmas). I think the table and shipping was around $600 and the tile, stain and brush another $30.

I'd rather be smoking on my 1990 Imperial Kamado...the predecessor to the BGE.

I think the table and shipping was around $600 and the tile, stain and brush another $30.

Keep in mind that this table is cedar. I bet you could build the one on naked whiz's website out of treated pine for 1/2 what this cost with 30 manhours of labor.

Keep in mind that this table is cedar. I bet you could build the one on naked whiz's website out of treated pine for 1/2 what this cost with 30 manhours of labor.

It shouldn't take more than $100 to build a table and more than 4 to 6 hrs to build. It could actually come out cheaper if you buy the scraps at Home Depot.

These are the plans I used I just changed them up a little.
http://www.grilldome.com/Files/LargeWoodTablePlans.pdf

Jrow

Back