All about your grill - Part 1

Hey everyone!

New to this forum, but here for a purpose. I am going to be vague in this first post, because I want to get all of your opinions in a non-biased way. To cut to the chase, I've got a couple questions for you all.

What are your favorite innovations in grilling. Infrared for hard seering. your preferred grill(BGE or 26" kettle) and why, your most useful grilling accessories(Tongs, weed burner, chimney), anything that makes the grilling life easier(Friends, tequilla, margaritas), and anything else you consider to be a necessity, irreplaceable, or downright great for a day of grilling.(see previous answer)

Also, the opposite. What do you hate that may come with grilling?(Lighter fluid. no ned for it, ever). Things that are a hassle that shouldn't be, and any other things you just wish your grill did or something you wish was in your grilling toolbox.

Let's get to part 2 and have some fun :thumb::razz:

IMO, grilling, or bbq,... is just plain fun.. ive been at it for so long, that i find more enjoyment in preparing and cooking than I do eating it. Thats why i need my friends around.. someones gotta eat it. :) as far as the gadgets, who really cares, a kettle, some lump, and tongs is all ya need.

IMO, grilling, or bbq,... is just plain fun.. ive been at it for so long, that i find more enjoyment in preparing and cooking than I do eating it.

Thanks, bro! I just told my wife that tonight! Ain't it the truth! :thumb:

I really hate the fact that my Weber Kettle is in the shed and there is snow between me and it.

I like my Louisiana Smoker Pellet grill in my garage. Pellet grills can really bridge some gaps in my cooking seasons.

I really hate the fact that my Weber Kettle is in the shed and there is snow between me and it.

I like my Louisiana Smoker Pellet grill in my garage. Pellet grills can really bridge some gaps in my cooking seasons.

I love my pellet smoker too!!
One thing to keep in mind about the snow....the weed burner! You can melt a great path to your cooker in the winter! :grin:

What are your favorite innovations in grilling, your preferred grill and why, your most useful grilling accessories, anything that makes the grilling life easier, and anything else you consider to be a necessity, irreplaceable, or downright great for a day of grilling.

Innovations in grilling? Hmm... I don't know that I have a favorite innovation in grilling. My preference is charcoal grilling and I can't really see that many innovations have been made in that field in a very long time. The innovations that I see are in the gas grill world and I'm just not a fan of food cooked over gas.

My preferred grill is the kamado because of its versatility. I can cook anything I want rather easily on a kamado grill. I can cook low and slow BBQ, roast a chicken or turkey, grill burgers, dogs, and steaks, bake bread, grill pizzas, or basically cook anything that I would normally cook in an oven on the grill instead.

My most useful grilling accessories are digital temperature probes and digital instant read thermometers. This would also include automatic temperature control systems that give me added stability of temaperature in the grill with hands-off control over long periods of time. While these are definitely not requirements, they are some of my favorite things to have around the grill. They do make life easier.

Also, the opposite. What do you hate that may come with grilling? Things that are a hassle that shouldn't be, and any other things you just wish your grill did or something you wish was in your grilling toolbox.

There is nothing I hate about grilling. Grilling and BBQ is a hobby and passion for me. If I found any part of it to be something I hated or strongly disliked, I'd probably find another hobby.

Hey everyone!

New to this forum, but here for a purpose. I am going to be vague in this first post, because I want to get all of your opinions in a non-biased way. To cut to the chase, I've got a couple questions for you all.

What are your favorite innovations in grilling, your preferred grill and why, your most useful grilling accessories, anything that makes the grilling life easier, and anything else you consider to be a necessity, irreplaceable, or downright great for a day of grilling.

Also, the opposite. What do you hate that may come with grilling? Things that are a hassle that shouldn't be, and any other things you just wish your grill did or something you wish was in your grilling toolbox.

Let's get to part 2 and have some fun :thumb::razz:

Lol, would rather the purpose be stated.

I am in Buffalo new york and we also have snow, however once the lump start to glow, the snow melts...I have two patios and several shovels...and rain, sleet nor snow will ever keep me from my grills!!!!

does seem kind of fromatted!!
Joe....lets hook up next football season..sorry we stole your defense coach

Yeah, hey I don't mind if a guy is looking for research or whatever, but it's always best to be up front about your intentions, besides, if this is a biz thing I am available, http://www.tailgatejoe.com/hire-joe/

As far as Pettine to the Bills, lol, you can have him, he turned out to be a rat giving a bunch of info to a particular beat reporter he was friends with.

And yeah, would love to do a game in Buffalo again when my Jets are up that way. Schedule comes out in April.

Back