All Star BBQ Showdown Finale

Re: RE: All Star BBQ Showdown Finale

RBSNWNGS said:
what is oln
Outdoor Life Network.

Unfortunatly, many of us do not get it :twisted:

TIM

RE: Re: RE: All Star BBQ Showdown Finale

I'll be watching it - watched the Lincoln hog cook this afternoon. It was one of Fast Eddie's wins! :D

I still think a format where you can win 3 1st and still not make the finals is a bit weird! :D

Congrats, Ray, for making the finals!! :D

Not available here either. But Congrats Ray

I'll be watching too... congrats for making the finals, Ray! And to the Squeal of Approval!

Must not be many people into Bull Riding or Elk Hunting in NY. How you guys gonna watch hockey? It's on OLN now.

I have really enjoyed the show

Interesting finals! Nothing like starting your ribs and then they show up and say - he's the pork butts for the final showdown! :twisted: Chris Lilly is a "hard" man! :D

Got some ideas on presentation! :D Though it'll be harder to "wow" the judges with only a 9x9 display!

I got to taste the final pork entries, and those girls deserved to win. They did a great job.

See Ray? You really shouldn't have let the chick help you mix your rubs! But at least she was good to look at! :wink: Congrats on making it to NY in the first place! That's a great accomplishment! See ya in KC in a few!

Re: RE: Re: RE: All Star BBQ Showdown Finale

drbbq said:
I got to taste the final pork entries, and those girls deserved to win. They did a great job.

Their platter of pork made me hungry even on TV! I just got to know Lana today and she's STILL in awe of what they accomplished! The girls are going to be on the news here in KC on the 19th and there's an article about them and the BBQ Challenge on ESPN. I'll try to find the link. I know wayne has it but I haven't heard from him since the Blue Springs contest was over.

Just remind me to run over the next "master" judge I see! :twisted:

Re: RE: Re: RE: All Star BBQ Showdown Finale

Jeff_in_KC said:
See Ray? You really shouldn't have let the chick help you mix your rubs! But at least she was good to look at! :wink: Congrats on making it to NY in the first place! That's a great accomplishment! See ya in KC in a few!

I don't know, Jeff... Peggy can mix my rub anytime! How could you tell her no? Parrothead... Can you work on getting Peggy to cook with us at our next competition? :D

Congrats on making the finals, Ray! Sorry you didn't make it further! I was rooting for a fellow Chicagoan and Brethren!

Do you know what that white stuff that Mike Davis put on his ribs? It looked like mayo...

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: All Star BBQ Showdown Finale

Oh and when the judge said there was something in Ray's rib seasonings he didn't care for and Ray says "cinnamon", I immediately thought of the rub I made up that I use and thought "FARK!!!" I put about a half tsp of cinnamon in mine!

It was Mayo -- AL cooks use it quite a bit.

Jeff - don't go into a tail spin - the was ONE judge that commented about cinammon - he's made a career out of being the "hanging judge" :D

If you're balancing your flavors it's not an issue! I personally don't use nutmeg or "pie spice" in my rubs - but I know many successful que cooks that do. The main thing is to use restraint since you don't want any one flavor to dominate - subtle (to a certain degree) is the goal.

Did not get to catch it, so who won?

Back