Pastrami so moist I just might die......

I very much enjoyed the second pic, well I enjoyed them both but the second I really liked. I bet that was awesome!

Nice smoke ring. :icon_clown
Did one also. Love it when a plan comes together.

Yours looks moister than mine. Nice work.

Interesting technique. Looks like you cooked it en papillote (in a pillow) rather than foiling tightly around the meat? I've done that with veggies, but never with meat.

Interesting technique. Looks like you cooked it en papillote (in a pillow) rather than foiling tightly around the meat? I've done that with veggies, but never with meat.

I didn't leave enough time to do it any other way, so I sort of pressure cooked it. I do the same thing with salmon sometimes.

Here is a Rueben from the above Pastrami! I just love those Sammies! Grilled with Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing on Rye....

Here is a Rueben from the above Pastrami! I just love those Sammies! Grilled with Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing on Rye....

I don't know why my picture didn't show up on my post. But here is the sandwich
Rueben2.jpg

OMG Marty, that is awesome pastrami.:clap2::clap2::clap2: I have previously crowned Brother Thirdeye as the pastrami king but he now has a challenger. So we must have a cook off. Both of yous guys have to come to my house for a bash and make pastrami. I and others will judge the winner.:cool:

Marty, first the amazing pics of the cut pastrami, now this stunning pic of the Reueben sammich - you've outdone yourself!

We were out of town last week and they still had CB on sale when we came back. Bought two, the wife made the usual CB and cabbage last night but bought one to make pastrami. Seen many ways of doing it but yours looks very easy, gonna have to try it after i make my UDS next weekend at shanes class. This looks very good Marty.

Very nice job, and great idea above about scooping up left over (read heavily discounted) corn beef from the meat shop!

Back