Reaction score
Cuz thats how I roll!
IMG_0128-2.jpg

IMG_0123-3.jpg

IMG_0124-3.jpg

IMG_0125-2.jpg

IMG_0126-3.jpg

IMG_0127-3.jpg

You really know how to hurt a guy, don't ya Norco? Congrats. Looks good. I can't wait to get to mine - finally have it burned out, though....

Looks like the gauntlet has been laid down. LOL starting our 3rd one today but I have to burn it out that will take 8 hours Guess i lost before I started. Excelent job

Looks great! You going to do those short ribs to break her in???

You really know how to hurt a guy, don't ya Norco? Congrats. Looks good. I can't wait to get to mine - finally have it burned out, though....
Did you use the weed burner as an example during one of your sermons?

Looks great! You going to do those short ribs to break her in???

Did you use the weed burner as an example during one of your sermons?

Nah, I didn't use a weedburner for the burnout- haven't picked one up yet. I just filled it with firewood a couple of times and let her blaze for hours and hours. I'm thinking about using YOU as an example in this week's sermon, though! :-o

I like the pipe in the middle idea. Just put on a glove and grab it?

I am building two just now. I was gonna use the draft pipe on the side with valve on top idea. I see you are using a remote shutoff, instead. I have read some posts about the tall pipe possibly being an airflow restriction. Your thoughts?

Got any pix showing how you did the connection at the valve?

Thanks.

I like the pipe in the middle idea. Just put on a glove and grab it?

I am building two just now. I was gonna use the draft pipe on the side with valve on top idea. I see you are using a remote shutoff, instead. I have read some posts about the tall pipe possibly being an airflow restriction. Your thoughts?

Got any pix showing how you did the connection at the valve?

Thanks.

I just lift out to dump, fill with charcoal.

Never made a tall inlet, seems I recall lots have had problems. Ones that work are atleast 1".

On the "Big Belly Mod" I get the Harbor Freight valves which are metric stems but are copper. I get a 5/16"-18 thd. coupling nut and it threads on with a little persuasion. I drill and pin it. I grind a 5/16" bolt to fit handle. I weld in place. One could use 5/16" allthread and lock it with jam nuts.

Never made a tall inlet, seems I recall lots have had problems. Ones that work are atleast 1".

On the "Big Belly Mod" I get the Harbor Freight valves which are metric stems but are copper. I get a 5/16"-18 thd. coupling nut and it threads on with a little persuasion. I dilland pin it. I grind a 5/16" bolt to fit handle. I weld in place. One could use 5/16" allthread and lock it with jam nuts.

I wish I knew what all of that means...but, again I will say, you made a nice looking UDS.

Will one of you mechanically inclined farkers please move down to my area and build me one of those? And that looks great by the way!

come a little south Saiko you bring the parts I will get you one built.

I just lift out to dump, fill with charcoal.

On the "Big Belly Mod" I get the Harbor Freight valves which are metric stems but are copper. I get a 5/16"-18 thd. coupling nut and it threads on with a little persuasion. I drill and pin it. I grind a 5/16" bolt to fit handle. I weld in place. One could use 5/16" allthread and lock it with jam nuts.

Thanks!

Back